This opportunity is with a leading mission-critical data center developer / wholesaler / colo provider. This firm provides data center solutions custom-fit to the requirements of their client's mission-critical operational facilities. They provide reliability of mission-critical facilities for many of the world's largest organizations.
Data Center Operations Commissioning Manager - Portland
- Performing periodic site walk-throughs in order to ensure Company’s procedures (SOPS and MOPS) and standards are followed. This includes assisting the Facilities Manager, Technicians and any other contracted vendors.
- Identifying any vulnerabilities while overseeing 3rd Party Critical Facilities onsite team.
- Communicating the status of the operation process with senior management and onsite customers.
- Site acceptance and commissioning of the facility to ensure the site meets the superior and dynamic standards of Company Standards.
- Acting as liaison and coordinating efforts between the contracted vendors and the onsite customers.
- Oversee the development of procedures/Method of Procedures (MOPs) for the DC build in addition to approving MOPs for data hall work.
- Participating in the interview process for prospective candidates applying to this critical facility.
- Auditing installed data center components. This audit will be used to verify the completion of the job scope by the vendor in addition to verifying the design documentation for the build-out and ongoing operations of the data hall space.
- Perform Root Cause Investigations for any outages
- Provide strategic / tactical leadership with a background in best practices related to operations for performance and reliability on a variety of state of the art critical systems such as: medium voltage switchgear, diesel generators, UPS systems, power distribution equipment, chillers, cooling towers, computer room air handlers, fire detection / suppression; building monitoring systems; etc
- Supervise the on-site management the facility manager, facility technicians, sub-contractors and vendors, ensuring that all work is performed according to established practices and procedures.
- Manage Customer Relationship and act as escalation point of contact for the company at this site.
- Manage the establishment of performance benchmarks, conduct analyses and prepare reports on all aspects of the critical facility operations and maintenance.
- Work with business leaders to coordinate projects, manage capacity and optimize plant safety, performance, reliability and efficiency.
- Review MOPs and SOPs for all work on critical data center facility equipment.
- Ensure that a constant state of readiness in support of the mission goal of 99.999% uptime
- 5-10+ years of data center facility operations and maintenance experience.
- 5 years leadership experience in data center facility operations.
- Change Management experience a MUST
- Solid Understanding of Critical Electrical and Mechanical / HVAC equipment
- Experience supervising a technical data center operations staff
- Previous experience as a Data Center Facility Manager a must
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Good presentation skills in leading meetings (both conference and in person)
- Superior analytical, planning and problem resolution skills Knowledge of Company Services and operations structure and support operations.
- Highly organized with proved project management abilities
- Ability to multitask, establish priorities, manage conflicts
Qualified candidates can send their resume to email@example.com ( resume at pkaza dot com ) with 13572527 in the subject. After applying, if you have further questions, you may call 973-895-5200 and ask for Iggy. You can also submit via our career portal and also see all of our critical facility openings at: https://www.pkaza.com/jobs/
If this job is not for you, feel free to forward this along. WE PAY FOR REFERRALS!!
Company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, medical insurance, a 401(k) plan. EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V