This opportunity is with a leading mission-critical data center managed services provider in the government sector. This firm provides data center solutions custom-fit to the requirements of their client's mission-critical operational facilities. They provide reliability of mission-critical facilities for many of the world's largest organizations and government facilities.
Note: US Citizenship Required / Must be clearable in order to be considered
Please note we have multiple opportunities for DC Facilities Engineers both Cleared and non-cleared throughout the US
Data Center Facility Engineer – Gainesville, VA
We are looking for a Data Center Engineer to support a critical data center. The Engineer will be responsible for monitoring compliance with contractual commitments, directing technical and administrative tasks related to the operation of the critical facility infrastructure and assuring compliance with company’s policies and procedures.
- Troubleshoot and Run Diagnostics, Conduct Preventive Maintenance and Emergency Repairs on Critical Facilities Equipment within the Data Center as specified and on schedule.
- Participates in the preparation of analyses and reports on the data center infrastructure, develops project plans and conducts briefings and presentations.
- Operate and perform both routine and emergency service on a variety of state-of-the-art critical systems, including but not limited to; medium voltage switchgear, diesel generators, paralleling switchboards, UPS, PDU, mechanical heat rejection systems, computer room air handlers, fire detection/suppression and building monitoring systems.
- Ensures that operational, maintenance and emergency methods of procedure (MOP’s and SOP’s) are developed and strictly adhered to.
- Assist with CMMS database management
- 5 years + of relevant experience (experience with power, electrical and mechanical equipment including generators, critical and essential PDU’s, UPS, switchgear, chillers, Air handling units, CRAC, CRAH, Chillers, HVAC, computer grade cooling systems, DC Power Systems, and building monitoring/control systems – BAS / BMS )
- Data Center Operations Experience
- Must have the technical knowledge and practical experience of operating, troubleshooting and maintenance of Mission Critical Mechanical and/or Electrical Support Systems.
- Active TS Clearance or TS/SCI, a huge plus! MUST be clearable
- Must be willing to work night shift
- Previous experience in the Military / Military veterans in all branches that have experience with Electrical / Mechanical is a huge plus (Navy nukes- EMN, ETN, MMNs, SeaBees, Army - Power Generation, Air Force – Power Production, Generator Techs, Maritime, Coast Guard, etc)
Qualified candidates can send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org ( resume at pkaza dot com ) with 13701953 in the subject. After applying, if you have further questions, you may call 973-895-5200 and ask for Iggy. You can also submit via our career portal and also see all of our critical facility openings at: https://www.pkaza.com/jobs/
If this job is not for you, feel free to forward this along. WE PAY FOR REFERRALS!!
Company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, medical insurance and a 401(k) plan.
EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Peter Kazella & Associates Inc / Pkaza is an employment firm. All fees assessed by Pkaza will be paid by the employer that we represent and not by the candidate.