This opportunity is with an international OEM provider of mission-critical power and cooling equipment. This firm provides a complete product line of data center equipment that is custom-fit to the requirements of their client's mission-critical facilities.
Mechanical Sales Engineer – Pittsburgh, PA
Our client is looking for a Mechanical Sales Engineer to join their team. You will support the East Coast and National account sales opportunities that are data center service, product and solutions based within the Cooling / Mechanical / HVAC market. Candidate’s duties: calling on established clients and prospecting for new accounts among high-potential Mission Critical Data Center end-users. The Sales Engineer will also be responsible for preparing proposals, presentations, and briefings. Candidate will also be expected to establish positive relationships with existing business partners in hopes to generate additional business. A proven track record of consultative data center solutions sales skills are a must.
- Plan, organize and manage proposals, technical information, orders and customer communications for the mechanical cooling business division
- Participate in contract and price negotiations with customers. Manage contract terms and pricing to achieve the division’s sales plan
- Review RFQ information and collaborate with customers, vendors and internal departments to prepare quotations that include specification compliance, pricing, Bill of Materials, cost of ownership documentation, drawings, scope of works and procedures
- Independently represent the company in technical meetings, site walk-throughs, trade-shows and industry conferences to promote our mechanical cooling products
- Track and communicate project status, technical requirements and customer information and work with internal departments to evaluate and mitigate order costs
- Oversee factory witness tests, create and manage agenda, and perform lead role in customer communication
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering and a minimum 7 years of experience with applications engineering and/or outside technical sales experience in IT or mechanical cooling, or equivalent education and experience
- Advanced knowledge of commercial cooling systems, chiller systems and indoor computer room air conditioning (CRAC) and computer room air handling (CRAH) units
- Experience selling cooling equipment to engineering firms, general contractors, design / build, construction , commissioning , and operations / maintenance contact in data centers is a huge plus
- Must be a team player and be able to build long-term cooperative partner relationships with internal and external individuals who are part of the business development process
- Strong organizational skills and advanced computer skills, with emphasis on Microsoft Office products, CAD software and ERP business systems.
- Belong to local professional organizations ( AFCOM , ASHRAE, 7x24 exchange , DatacenterDynamics , Uptime , etc)
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 25% of the time as required.
Please send any resumes to: email@example.com ( resume at pkaza dot com ) within 14096277 the subject. After applying, if you have further questions, you may call 973-895-5200 and ask for Iggy. You can also submit via our career portal and take a look at other Critical Facility openings we are working on at, https://www.pkaza.com/jobs/
If you are in Data Center Facilities but this opportunity is not what you are looking for let’s still talk. New openings are coming in weekly and others we are not allowed to post. We also not only keep leads confidential but pay for referrals
Company offers competitive salaries and benefits package including medical insurance and a 401(k) plan
EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Pkaza, LLC is a third party employment firm. All fees assessed by Pkaza will be paid by our employer that we represent and not by the candidate