Our client is an international corporation in the Critical Facilities Manufacturing Market and provides Data Center Connectivity Solutions to all aspects of the data center. Their products and services support critical infrastructures within the data center environment with the mindset to provide reliable connectivity and industrial automation solutions to the data center market.
Data Center Sales Engineer – Austin, TX
We also have data center sales engineer jobs in Seattle, Phoenix and Portland
Our client is looking for a Sales Engineer to join their team and support the Texas data center market. They will support the region and pursue sales opportunities for data center connectivity products to include power, signal and data. The ideal candidate will possess contacts and an established rolodex of contacts in the Mission Critical Data Center / Critical Facilities Marketplace. Candidate’s duties: calling on established clients and prospecting for new accounts among high-potential Mission Critical Data Center end-users. The Sales Engineer will also be responsible for preparing proposals, presentations, and briefings. Candidate will also be expected to establish positive relationships with existing business partners in hopes to generate additional business. A proven track record of consultative data center solutions sales skills is a must.
- Leverage your existing contacts with data center hyperscale, colocation and enterprise companies to set up appointments to demonstrate our connectivity solutions
- Needs to have contacts in the desired region to include: Data Center / IT Executives: - CIO, CTO, VP of IT, Director of Facilities, Facilities Managers, etc.
- Experience putting together technical presentations and act as the technical resource during the Sales process including experience with RFP and RFI process
- Use your sales engineer background to demonstrate to customers how our line of connectors can integrate with and upgrade their existing network, power, BMS/ BAS controls and cable infrastructure systems
- Experience selling network and power connectivity products (Commscope, Corning, Siemons, Belden)
- Highly networked with local professional organizations (AFCOM, 7x24, DatacenterDynamics, Uptime, etc.)
- Represent the company at trade shows and other industry events
- Have experience selling Critical Facilities OEM equipment and solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (BSEE, BSME or Computer Engineering) from accredited four-year college or university
- 5-15 yrs. of relevant consultative / Data Center Solutions and Product (Ethernet switches, system cabling, electrical/network connectors) sales experience
- Must be a team player and be able to build long-term cooperative partner relationships with internal and external individuals who are part of the business development process.
- Must be able to demonstrate a sustained track record of business development accomplishments as related to new business opportunities
- Background and contacts with critical facility OEMs, general contractors, design / build, construction, commissioning, and operations / maintenance of data centers is a huge plus
- The ability to travel regionally to meet with customers and attend industry conferences as needed
Qualified candidates can send their resume to: email@example.com ( resume at pkaza dot com ) with 14175206 in the subject. After applying, if you have further questions, you may call 973-895-5200 and ask for Iggy. You can also submit via our career portal and also see all of our critical facility openings at: https://www.pkaza.com/jobs/
If this job is not for you, feel free to forward this along. WE PAY FOR REFERRALS!! Company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, medical insurance and a 401(k) plan. EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Pkaza, LLC is a third party employment firm. All fees assessed by Pkaza will be paid by the employer that we represent and not by the candidate.