This opportunity is with a leading mission-critical data center developer / wholesaler / colo provider. This firm provides data center solutions custom-fit to the requirements of their client's mission-critical operational facilities. They provide reliability of mission-critical facilities for many of the world's largest organizations.
Colocation Design Engineer
- Minneapolis, MN
This position is also available in Dallas and Atlanta
Our client is looking for a Data Center Colocation Design Engineer to join their team. The ideal candidates will be responsible for engineering functions in support of customer acquisition and the white space design and installation of cabinets, cages, power, backbone communication cables & panel. They will support the sales team as needed while serving as the subject matter expert on all data center products, services and solutions such as whitespace, Cabling, and Electrical Infrastructure as it pertains to the IT side of the house. Ideal candidate will possess extensive experience in the Mission Critical Data Center / Facilities Marketplace, Cabling, Electrical, and Network experience.
- Background in Capacity Planning – cabinets, racks, power strips, connectivity, structured cabling, telecom and network deployment
- Support pre sales and product teams with technical solutions and RFP responses
- Preliminary design, presentation and evaluation of customer solutions
- Respond to pre-sales requests, including preliminary drawings
- Create layout drawings and all supporting infrastructure using AutoCAD within the colo space that is being utilized
- Advise on equipment selection that meets customer specifications standards and that of our company
- Work with Facility Operations and Capacity Planning teams to determine sellable space and power at colocation sites
- Experience putting together technical presentations and act as the technical resource during the Sales process
- Maintain current ‘as built’ drawings of all sites in assigned region
- Must be able to understand and read construction documents
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering field preferred
- Colocation / Datacenter white space planning and design experience required
- Working knowledge of Datacenter infrastructure - Power, Cooling, Structured Cabling Background – cabinets, racks, power strips, connectivity, structured cabling, telecom network deployment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to effectively respond, verbally or in writing, to sensitive issues, complex inquiries or complaints
- Expert application software skills including MS Word, MS Excel, AutoCAD, Visio, and Adobe Acrobat
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented and the ability to prioritize.
- Personable / ability to build rapport with both internal and external customers
- Travel required (up to 25%) to meet with customers and internal support teams to review project scope, participate in site tours and ensure proper communication is maintained
- BICSI, RCDD or ITIL Certification a huge plus
Please send any interests or resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org ( resume at pkaza dot com ) with 14316218 in the subject. After applying, if you have further questions, you may call 973-895-5200 and ask for Iggy. You can also submit via our career portal and take a look at other Critical Facility openings we are working on at: https://www.pkaza.com/jobs/
If you are in Data Center Facilities but this opportunity is not what you are looking for let’s still talk. New openings are coming in weekly and others we are not allowed to post.
We also not only keep leads confidential but pay for referrals as well.
Company offers competitive salaries and benefits package including medical insurance, a 401(k) plan. EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Pkaza LLC is a third party employment firm. All fees assessed by Pkaza will be paid by our employer that we represent and not by the candidate