This opportunity is with an award winning mission-critical data center developer / wholesaler / colo provider. This firm provides data center solutions custom-fit to the requirements of their client's mission-critical operational facilities. They provide reliability of mission-critical facilities for many of the world's largest organizations.
Telecom Director - Data Center - Ashburn, VA
This position is also available in Dallas, Chicago, Denver, Santa Clara and Toronto!
Our client is looking to hire a Telecom Director - Data Center to manage all areas of the their connectivity platform across their data center portfolio. Your mission is to establish a portfolio-wide strategy for effectively facilitating their data center’s customers connectivity needs through Meet Me Rooms. You will create standards for designing, building, and operating these facilities. You will have previous experience and relationships with telecom providers, carriers, dark fiber providers, and interconnection service providers. The successful candidate will develop trusted working relationships at all levels of the company and become established as the leading expert in all aspects of connectivity.
- Provide end-to-end Carrier Management for the existing and future portfolio of data centers.
- Establish master agreements, service orders, competitive pricing standards and carrier billing resolutions
- Design of all OSP, ISP, & MMR deployments including power provisioning
- Establish new-build standards for MMRs and OSP/ISP and manage the construction QA/QC process
- Establishing and maintaining operating & access policies in MMRs
- Develop X-Connect delivery and pricing model and manage provisioning of this connectivity
- Coordinate with IT to provide network planning at all sites and manage requirements
- Manage contracts and presence of Cloud SDN providers and private PTP networking and coordinate interconnections with our on-site customers
- Produce technical connectivity presentations for each facility
- Provide connectivity consulting and support to Clients during and after the sales process
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, or equivalent experience
- 15+ years’ experience in providing connectivity solutions within the data center industry, including hands-on experience, able to create strategic initiatives but also roll up sleeves to get job done
- Knowledge of data center (hyper scale, enterprise, and colocation), and telecommunications industries
- Expert technical knowledge of all aspects of the telecommunications and data center industry Responsible for annual marketing plan, strategies and team
- Established relationships with carriers and ability to quickly grow trust and new relationships
- Strong negotiating and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills including strong negotiating
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Experience working with Microsoft office applications and other commonly used drawing software
- Travel required, is expected to be 50% but may increase or decrease over time
Qualified candidates can send their resume to email@example.com ( resume at pkaza dot com ) with 14316233 in the subject. After applying, if you have further questions, you may call 973-895-5200 and ask for Iggy. You can also submit via our career portal and also see all of our critical facility openings at: https://www.pkaza.com/jobs/
If this job is not for you, feel free to forward this along. WE PAY FOR REFERRALS!!
Company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, medical insurance, a 401(k) plan. EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Pkaza LLC is a third party employment firm. All fees assessed by Pkaza LLC will be paid by our employer that we represent and not by the candidate.