This opportunity is a leading specialized contracting firm in the New England market. Their projects are in the design-build areas for Cleanroom Construction, Computer Server Rooms and Raised Floor installs. They have a great reputation and a track record of successful project.
Project Manager – Critical Facilities Design Build – Marlborough MA
We have additional whitespace design roles in Minneapolis, Salt Lake City, Atlanta and Dallas.
The project manager will work with other critical facilities specialists to evaluate new and existing server room and other critical environment projects. You will have experience in the design, pricing, and management of server room construction projects. There is also a sales component to the position to identify project opportunities via existing customers, industry partners and sales calls to potential clients.
- Manage the company team to establish a budget once a new project has been obtained.
- Coordinate site walkthroughs with the design team
- Act as project GC and gather quotes for desired equipment and services to be able to perform hard-bid pricing based on the agreed team design
- Enter project information and budgets into company cost accounting software program
- Process and distribute project submittal packages for review and approval by the end user
- Write project purchase orders, work orders and material lists
- Perform daily project site visits to monitor progress, coordinate activities and communicate with all parties
- Effectively administer the billing process, including timely applications for payment
- Process and submit required close-out documents as needed
- Travel within New England region for meetings with customers, architects, engineers, etc. to promote the company's services and products
- Two or Four-year degree in a technical field, preferably electrical engineering.
- Two to five years of construction project management experience is required with an understanding of construction plans and specifications.
- Knowledge of mechanical systems for HVAC, Electrical distribution, Fire Suppression, etc.
- Personality traits required for the sales aspect include an engaging personality, attention to detail, the ability to listen, and to present yourself and the company in a positive manner.
- Excellent communication, organization, and time-management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Highly motivated self-starter.
- Valid driver's license and personal vehicle.
- Willingness to travel primarily throughout the New England region and occasionally outside of New England.
- A rolodex of data center contacts is desirable as well as membership in industry organizations such as 7x24 Exchange, AFCOM, DCD, Uptime Institute. A Solid network is a big plus.
Qualified candidates can send their resume to email@example.com ( resume at pkaza dot com ) with 14316326 in the subject. After applying, if you have further questions, you may call 973-895-5200 and ask for Iggy. You can also submit via our career portal and also see all of our critical facility openings at: https://www.pkaza.com/jobs/
If this job is not for you, feel free to forward this along. WE PAY FOR REFERRALS!!
Company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, medical insurance, a 401(k) plan
EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Pkaza, LLC is a third party employment firm. All fees assessed by Pkaza will be paid by the employer that we represent and not by the candidate.