This opportunity is with a leading electrical contractor in the New York City market. This firm provides custom-fit electrical design and electrical system installations for many NYC Area commercial building projects.
Electrical Design Production Manager
- NEW YORK, NY
Our client is looking for an Electrical Design Production Manager to join their team. The ideal candidate will have experience in managing a team as it relates to coordinating BIM and AutoCAD drawings that are used in the electrical design and installation of our client’s commercial construction projects. A background in the design of lighting plans, conduit plans, grounding plans and electrical equipment plans is mandatory.
- Responsible for managing all team members to ensure that projects are effectively coordinated with the Project Manager as it relates to drawings; specifications and deliverable schedules
- Technical ability to perform quality assurance/control reviews on the production of electrical coordination drawings
- Ability to create Grounding Plans; Electrical Equipment Location Plans; Lighting Plans; Conduit Plans; Cable and Conduit Schedule; Underground conduit duct bank routing; cable tray routing as well as experience with load calculations and one-line diagrams
- Provide guidance and oversight on multiple projects, including project assignment and ensuring all projects are being effectively coordinated and meeting deliverable requirements
- Experience in working as part of an estimating team to develop bids and attend scope meetings is a plus
- Participate in Project Kick-Off meetings to clarify scope, prefabrication, and cost savings
- Perform regular performance evaluations of all personnel in a direct reporting relationship
- Interface with client and construction manager’s BIM team
- Ability to interface with team members in a remote office
- Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering field preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Electrical Documentation Coordination
- Advanced level of proficiency with Adobe, Bluebeam; Microsoft Excel
- Functional knowledge of AutoCAD a must
- Functional knowledge of BIM a plus, Experience with Autodesk BIM 360 a home run, but training is available
- Detailed oriented, able to effectively multi-task, and have excellent time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an emphasis on the ability to organize and present design information to clients
Please send any interests or resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org ( resume at pkaza dot com ) with 14331449 in the subject. After applying, if you have further questions, you may call 973-895-5200 and ask for Iggy. You can also submit via our career portal and take a look at other Critical Facility openings we are working on at: https://www.pkaza.com/jobs/
If you are in Data Center Facilities but this opportunity is not what you are looking for let’s still talk. New openings are coming in weekly and others we are not allowed to post.
We also not only keep leads confidential but pay for referrals as well.
Company offers competitive salaries and benefits package including medical insurance, a 401(k) plan. EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Pkaza LLC is a third party employment firm. All fees assessed by Pkaza will be paid by our employer that we represent and not by the candidate