Our client is a mission critical data center design / CxA engineering company that is a regional player in the New York City Market. They provide design, commissioning and management expertise in the Data Center / Mission Critical Facilities with the mindset to provide reliability, energy efficiency, sustainable design and LEED expertise when providing these consulting services.
Fire Protection and Plumbing Engineer - NYC
- Corporate, Healthcare, Mission Critical Facilities Experience a huge plus!
- Lead and support the fire and plumbing engineering and design of systems cold and hot water systems, non-potable water systems, water treatment, sanitary drainage and vent systems, storm drainage systems, all types of pumping systems, natural gas distribution systems, medical systems, special plumbing systems; fire suppression systems; sprinkler piping design, including hydraulic calculations; Incipient fire detection systems
- Perform system design and load calculations
- Provide specifications for all plumbing materials and equipment
- Select equipment for use in building systems and write reports
- Interface with clients, attend meetings, etc
- Work in close contact with the entire design team
- Familiarity with renovation and new work projects; appropriate codes, standards and industry best practices
- Construction methodology; design and construction cost estimating methods
- Aggressively grow and promote the Fire Protection/ Plumbing Engineering services to specified market sectors.
- Previous experience at an engineering consulting MEP firm
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering Required
- 2-5 years Fire Protection / Plumbing engineering, Strong technical knowledge in fire protection and plumbing
- Mechanical Engineering HVAC Design experience a huge plus. Experience with (Chillers, Boilers, Pumps, Cooling Towers, CRAC Units, etc.)
- FE / EIT a plus
- Project management experience, PMP a plus
- Ability to interface with clients
- Strong communication skills
- International Codes and NFPA Requirements
- Sustainable design / USGBC LEED Accredited Professional a plus