Our client is a leading Architectural / Engineering firm in the NY Metro region. They provide MEP design, commissioning, and consulting expertise in the Data Center / Mission Critical Facilities Space with the mindset to provide reliability, energy efficiency, and sustainability when providing these consulting services. This career-growth minded opportunity offers exciting projects with leading-edge technology and innovation as well as competitive salaries and benefits.
Data Center Design Architect – New York City
This position is available nationwide including: Ashburn VA Boston MA, Atlanta GA, Phoenix AZ and Austin TX. We also have some Remote Only roles as well.
As a data center architect you will be responsible for managing all aspects of project document development. This includes, experience in data center design planning, design development and documentation and coordinating with all project team members. You will maintain the quality of the work product within the established project schedule for large complex data center projects. Additionally, you will lead the cross-functional design disciplines in coordination with our MEP design engineering team and project managers.
- Demonstrated experience in planning, design and construction of data center facilities
- Have a comprehensive understanding of, and the ability to coordinate and lead the design disciplines in developing technical solutions
- Focused on the architectural layout of the entire building and infrastructure including power, cooling, ventilation, redundancy and security
- Have extensive knowledge of all aspects of professional practice from schematic design through project close-out
- Possess a high level of technical proficiency in the production of drawings
- Lead the project team in the adherence to all practice standards
- Supervise the design and technical development of the project
- Work directly with Project Managers and Designers in the conceptual development of project documents
- Registered Architect (RA)
- Five or more years of experience as a Project Architect working on data center projects
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture or Design
- Proficient in the use of REVIT, 3D/BIM modeling and CAD computer modeling and rendering software
- Must be able to perform extensive field walking tours outdoors and indoors in utility-type spaces
- Ability to visit client facilities throughout NY Metro Area
- Ability to support work for/in other offices which may include travel
- The ability to travel occasionally to support project tasks
- Knowledge of DSA policies
- Active involvement in the AIA is a plus
Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org ( resume at pkaza dot com ) with 14391812 in the subject. After applying, if you have further questions, you may call 973-895-5200 and ask for Iggy. You can also submit via our career portal and take a look at other Critical Facility openings we are working on at, https://www.pkaza.com/jobs/
If you are in Data Center Facilities but this opportunity is not what you are looking for let’s still talk. New openings are coming in weekly and others we are not allowed to post.
We also not only keep leads confidential but pay for referrals
Company offers competitive salaries and benefits package including medical insurance, a 401(k) plan.
EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Pkaza, LLC is a third party employment firm. All fees assessed by Pkaza will be paid by the employer that we represent and not by the candidate