This opportunity is with an established leader in the GC world that is investing heavily with the expansion of their Mission Critical Data Center Practice with hopes to provide a greater offering of mission-critical data center construction solutions. This firm provides a complete life cycle of solutions that are custom-fit to the requirements of their client's mission-critical facilities. They build mission-critical data center facilities as well as other critical facilities for companies nationwide!
Construction Practice Lead - Data Center - Columbus, OH
Seller / Doer Role
This job is also available in Columbus OH, Milwaukee WI, Indianapolis IN., Chicago, IL and other midwest cities might be an option (if not listed).
The ideal candidate will have a background working with commercial construction companies in the critical facilities space. You will also have extensive experience with construction project management as well as business development. You will be involved with the development and training of our company’s employees and be the face of our company as it relates to both client facing and working with any and all external data center contacts. Expertise in data center construction project management experience is also required.
- Need to be very good with client facing and have an extensive network of data center end users - enterprise, colo's , and hyperscale market as well as industry connections to create new business opportunities
- Experience in developing and mentoring employees at the company and able to identify talent within the team to support data center business objectives
- Use construction project management skills to support project issues including project budget, schedule and any qualities issues that arise during the project
- Have a background in construction site safety to include risk mitigation plans
- Financial experience in managing cash flow, receivables, purchasing strategies and cost control and use this to develop and execute a plan that achieves profit goals for the company as a whole
- Conduct monthly project review with PM and Superintendent that includes review of profit forecast, safety results, schedule status and staffing plan and assist with construction operations as necessary
- Partner with marketing and business development staff to create strategic plans and targets to increase sales from existing and new clients
- Review owner contracts and negotiate terms and conditions
- Bachelor of Science in Construction, Engineering or related degree
- A minimum of ten to fifteen years relevant experience in data center construction and team leadership
- Experience managing multiple data center construction projects in the range of $50-$150 million and familiarity with the latest construction trends such as Modular strategies
- Must have an actively maintained network of data center related clients and strategic partners such as architects, engineers, owner’s reps and other major vendors
- Experienced and skillful in business development and preparing/presenting RFQs and RFIs
- Must be an effective communicator with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel and attend industry conferences and memberships in organizations such as 7x24 Exchange, AFCOM, DCD and Uptime Institute.
- Relocation support is available
Please send resumes: email@example.com ( resume at pkaza dot com ) with 14399231 in the subject. After applying, if you have further questions, you may call 973-895-5200 and ask for Iggy. You can also submit via our career portal and take a look at other Critical Facility openings we are working on at, https://www.pkaza.com/jobs/
If you are in Data Center Facilities but this opportunity is not what you are looking for let’s still talk. New openings are coming in weekly and others we are not allowed to post.
We also not only keep leads confidential but pay for referrals
Company offers competitive salaries and benefits package including medical insurance, a 401(k) plan
EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Pkaza LLC is a third party employment firm. All fees assessed by Pkaza will be paid by our employer that we represent and not by the candidate