This opportunity is with a leading mission-critical data center developer / wholesaler / colo provider. This firm provides data center solutions custom-fit to the requirements of their client's mission-critical operational facilities. They provide reliability of mission-critical facilities for many of the world's largest organizations.
Construction Safety Manager - Critical Facilities – Santa Clara, CA
- Implement construction safety standards and practices including but not limited to; safety management systems, training, risk assessments and applicable safety regulations
- Experience managing high-risk activities including electrical safety, excavation, fall protection, material handling and crane operations
- A background working with specific trades such as electricians, ironworkers, pipefitters etc. and understanding the complexities of multi-employer worksites
- Comfortable communicating and problem solving with sub-contractors and experience training on construction safety topics with a wide variety of trades is required
- Conduct safety audits of active construction sites to ensure compliance with safety requirements as well as life safety requirements
- Maintain adequate safety record keeping and data integrity.
- Consult and partner with the internal compliance team for interpretations and guidance
- Supporting incident investigations and root cause analysis, so that corrective and preventive actions can be identified, communicated globally, and implemented
- Work with leaders, staff, and contractors at all levels to implement effective solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Health and Safety (EHS), Construction Management, or Engineering. Experienced tradesperson with past safety responsibilities will also be considered
- A minimum of 5+ years of progressive experience in EHS in the construction industry, preferably with data center construction or large projects
- Must have current working knowledge of U.S Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations and standards and other non-regulatory safety standards applicable to the location
- Must have working knowledge of 29 CFR1926. Knowledgeable with NFPA 70e and environmental compliance is a plus.
- Experience conducting incident investigations and can follow reporting processes.
Qualified candidates can send their resume to email@example.com ( resume at pkaza dot com ) with 14609308 in the subject. After applying, if you have further questions, you may call 973-895-5200 and ask for Iggy. You can also submit via our career portal and also see all of our critical facility openings at: https://www.pkaza.com/jobs
If this job is not for you, feel free to forward this along. WE PAY FOR REFERRALS!!
Company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, medical insurance, a 401(k) plan. EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Pkaza LLC is a third party employment firm. All fees assessed by Pkaza LLC will be paid by our employer that we represent and not by the candidate.