Our client is a leader in the Critical Facility Cogeneration Power Solutions for the Data Center, Industrial and Energy Sectors. Their products and services support critical infrastructures with the mindset to provide reliability, energy efficiency, and sustainable design.
Generator Field Service Technician – Montreal, Canada
My client is looking for an experienced Electrical / Mechanical Field Service Technician that can fix within the electrical panel of their equipment as well tackle any of the mechanical aspects of the generator (like a mechanic). They will be responsible for scheduled maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of power equipment and engine as well as diagnose trouble, disassemble engines and examine parts for defects and excessive wear. Candidate must have basic knowledge of electrical components. Any previous training of any type or mechanical aptitude would fare well in this role. Certificate and experience from a tech school, apprenticeship, Military, or community college. Bachelor’s degree is a plus but not something that we are knocking out for.
- Scheduled Preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of standby power equipment to include both electrical and mechanical systems and maintenance a complete inspection of the control panels as needed
- Diagnose / troubleshoot, disassemble engines and examine parts for defects and excessive wear
- Repair and Service for both routine and emergency service on a variety of state-of-the-art critical systems such as: diesel generators, gaseous generators, etc.
- Setting generators as needed and balance of plant equipment
- Troubleshoot and work independently onsite at customer’s location and perform quarterly, semi-annual and annual maintenance.
- Mechanical and Electrical maintenance performed on time and in accordance with contract and OEM specifications
- Perform both minor and major overhauls when needed
- Will also be required to replacing electrical components such as relays and sensors when needed.
- Read and review single line diagrams / wiring diagrams
- Troubleshoot and work independently onsite at Customer’s Location.
- Respond to emergency calls as needed
- Maintain a constant state of readiness in support of the mission goal of 99.999% uptime
- Create field service reports, complete site checklists required during the annual maintenance
- Act as a Point of reference for the customer
- Assist clients with telephone support to address technical issues
- 2-6 years of generator or Rotary UPS experience
- Generator operations / maintenance / repair experience a plus
- Previous experience servicing: CAT / Caterpillar ; Cummins ; Generac ; Kohler ; Hitec , Rolls Royce, E1 Dynamics ;Pillar a huge plus
- Mechanically inclined
- Formal training / Certificate and experience from a tech school, apprenticeship, Military, or community college a must
- Navy Nuke Trained / Naval Nuclear Training / Seabees a big plus!
EMN - Electricians Mate (Nuclear Trained)
ETN - Electrical Technician (Nuclear Trained)
MMN - Machinist Mate (Nuclear Trained)
- Solid Understanding of Critical Electrical and Mechanical / HVAC equipment as it relates to Generators a plus
- Client Facing / Customer Service Experience
- Punctual and service driven
- Solid Acumen for using a laptop as it pertains to receiving correspondence as well as service tickets (computer savvy)
- Clean driving record
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Willingness to learn and travel when required
- Be able to work flexible hours when needed
- Travel to outside region if needed as well including Mexico and Canada if needed
Please send resumes to email@example.com ( resume at pkaza dot com ) with 14698924 in the subject. After applying, if you have further questions, you may call 973-895-5200 and ask for Iggy. You can also submit via our career portal and take a look at other Critical Facility openings we are working on at, https://jobs.pkaza.com
If you are in Data Center Facilities but this opportunity is not what you are looking for let’s still talk. New openings are coming in weekly and others we are not allowed to post.
We also not only keep leads confidential but pay for referrals
Company offers competitive salaries and benefits package including medical insurance and a 401(k) plan
EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Pkaza, LLC is a third party employment firm. All fees assessed by Pkaza will be paid by our employer that we represent and not by the candidate
Keywords: CAT Generator ; Caterpillar ; Cummins Generator ; Generac Generator; Kohler Generator ; GenSet Tech ; GenTech ; Gen-tech ; Gen Tech ; Field Service Generator Technician; Hitec ; Rolls Royce ; E1 Dynamics, Pillar.