This opportunity is with a leading mission-critical data center developer / wholesaler / colo provider. This firm provides data center solutions custom-fit to the requirements of their client's mission-critical operational facilities. They provide reliability of mission-critical facilities for many of the world's largest organizations.
Data Center Site Selection Manager - Ashburn, VA
We are looking for a Data Center Site Selection Manager to support critical facility construction projects. In this role, you will manage the site selection process for our client, a prominent data center company to include: greenfield, brownfield, retrofit or expansion of existing facilities, and M&A opportunities. You and your team will focus on the preliminary vetting of sites through to the planning and development stage, with an emphasis on creation of initial budgets, all required project approvals, preliminary design, and schedules to get each project to a shovel ready state.
- Prepare and review the scope specified within the proposal to ensure it includes appropriate scope
- Experience with vetting of sites to include brownfield, greenfield, facility expansion / retrofit as well as M&A opportunities
- Handle site acquisition process to include zoning, power utilities, municipality concerns and other pertaining regulations.
- Review the labor rates to ensure accordance to the contract specifications and check labor productivity to ensure hours allotted are appropriate to minimize working restrictions, overtime, etc.
- Prepare and review the material pricing and validate against other pricing references, acquire material quotes when possible
- Prepare and review pre-purchased material or equipment and/or equipment rental rates against fair and reasonable pricing references
- Review contractor mark-ups to ensure that the correct mark-ups are being used and that any mark-up caps are not exceeded
- Assist in sales strategy for proposals
- Interface with Project Managers regarding project requirements
- Will participate in the negotiation meeting with subcontractors
- Develop cost estimates from the engineering drawings; proactively identify deficiencies and/or questions; and actively assist the project team toward the answers
- Prepare and review material take-offs from contract documents and drawings
- Prepare conceptual and cost study estimates from preliminary sketches
- Accumulate, evaluate and document historical cost data for the development of future estimates
- Manage site selection and land acquisition process
- 5-10 years of experience in performing Cost Estimates, Reviewing Contractor's Price and Cost Proposals for major engineering and construction projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or equivalent
- Experience in Site Selection / Land Acquisition process a must
- Excellent communication skills to present information to executive team, operations, engineering and finance
- In-depth knowledge of data center infrastructure and design is highly preferred; complex commercial development experience is required
- MS Office Skills to include: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio
- Experience with Construction Design / Estimation Software (Timberline, Bluebeam, Procore, P6)
- Travel required to new and existing markets is expected to be 50% and may increase over time.
Qualified candidates can send their resume to email@example.com ( resume at pkaza dot com ) with 14728573 in the subject. After applying, if you have further questions, you may call 973-895-5200 and ask for Iggy. You can also submit via our career portal and also see all of our critical facility openings at: https://www.pkaza.com/jobs/
If this job is not for you, feel free to forward this along. WE PAY FOR REFERRALS!!
Company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, medical insurance and a 401(k) plan
EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Pkaza, LLC is a third party employment firm. All fees assessed by Pkaza will be paid by the employer that we represent and not by the candidate.