Our client is an Engineering Design and Commissioning Company that is a nationwide leader in mission critical data center design. They provide design, commissioning consulting and management expertise in Data Center / Mission Critical Facilities Space with the mindset to provide reliability, energy efficiency, sustainable design and LEED expertise when providing these consulting services. This career-growth minded opportunity offers exciting projects with leading-edge technology and innovation as well as competitive salaries and benefits.
Director / Dept Head of Electrical Engineering - Data Centers - NYC
We have all levels of EE needs. Similar jobs are available in: New York NY, Phoenix AZ, Des Moines IA, Chicago, IL; Baltimore MD, Charlotte NC, Paramus, NJ; Atlanta, GA: Philadelphia PA, Gainesville FL, Denver CO, Ashburn VA, Milwaukee WI and Montreal QU
- Create designs and plans, provided and gather specifications, and execute assignments in a multidisciplinary electrical engineering design role data center facility design projects
- Ability to create new, and to revise One Line drawings, Relay Protection Diagrams, and AC/DC Schematic, Fire Alarm, Low Voltage controls, and Wiring drawings
- Highly Proficient in the use of engineering analysis software such as ETAP, SKM, Easy Power, AMPCalc, Cymecap, and/or similar applications
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of company policies. Put these in clear concise work statement for the field
- Represent the company in project meetings as needed
- Shows strong verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills necessary to interact with clients, vendors and the general public
- Testing, Commissioning or Start-up Experience and Construction Supervision and field support services experience
- 10+ years’ experience in Engineering, Design or related Data Center experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, (Master or PhD is a plus)
- Licensed PE a must and willingness to obtain in additional states as necessary
- Working knowledge of the NEC, NESC, NEMA, ANSI and IEEE codes.
- Knowledge of New York City Department of Building filing requirements a plus.
- Experience with Electrical Systems such as UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply), Generators, Switchgears, and Batteries a MUST
- Ability to successfully work independently and handle multiple tasks simultaneously, manage a team of 5 people
- Valid driver’s license to drive to client sites and between branch offices. Nationwide and international travel required from time to time
- A completed Model Law NCEES record
Please send resumes: firstname.lastname@example.org ( resume at pkaza dot com ) with 14767108 in the subject. After applying, if you have further questions, you may call 973-895-5200 and ask for Iggy. You can also submit via our career portal and take a look at other Critical Facility openings we are working on at https://www.pkaza.com/jobs/
If you are in Data Center Facilities but this opportunity is not what you are looking for let’s still talk. New openings are coming in weekly and others we are not allowed to post.
We also not only keep leads confidential but pay for referrals
Company offers competitive salaries plus benefits
EOE/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Pkaza LLC is a third party employment firm. All fees assessed by Pkaza will be paid by the employer that we represent and not by the candidate