This opportunity is with a leader of mission-critical data center colocation / interconnection facilities. This firm provides data center solutions custom-fit to the requirements of their client's mission-critical carrier neutral colo facilities. They provide reliability of mission-critical facilities for many of the world's largest organizations. This career-growth minded opportunity offers exciting projects with leading-edge technology and innovation as well as competitive salaries and benefits.
Data Center Controls Engineering Specialist - Santa Clara, CA
This position is also available in: Portland OR, Columbus OH and Ashburn VA
- Maintain and deploy updated versions of PLC applications for existing control systems with minimal supervision
- Complete PLC software application modifications in an online, critical environment
- Work with leading edge automation systems from large scale industrial controls vendors
- Troubleshoot and resolve PLC, network, and other critical control system issues during an incident.
- Manage all vendors to ensure compliance with company guidelines and policies.
- Oversee all change management and controls system upgrades while maintaining 100% uptime on all existing equipment
- Coordinate with Design/Construction Teams
- Review commissioning process for new construction and retrofits as it pertains to control processes and SOPS
- Assess, recommend and implement industry best practices into new and existing Critical Environment Programs.
- Take ownership of all QC / Quality Control of hardware installs
- Provide feedback to senior management for the continuous improvement of the Critical Environments program.
- Repair and Troubleshoot controls systems and hardware (relays, controllers, etc)
- Develop process documentation and training materials
- Bachelors in Engineering a Huge Plus
- Data Center Commissioning Experience
- 5 years leadership experience in data center facility operations
- Experience with Ignition HMI software
- 5-10 years with of BMS / BCM / BAS Systems ( Building monitoring systems / building control systems / Building Automation Systems - SCADA, Cimplicity, ALC, Metasys )
- Previous experience working on Controls Products from companies such as: Johnson Controls / JCI; Siemens; Automated Logic; Honeywell; GE Control Systems; Schneider Electric or Rockwell Automation
- Ability to read and audit one-lines / blueprints / CAD drawings and controls diagrams
- Data Center Capital Project experience a plus
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Superior analytical, planning and problem resolution skills
- Ability to travel up to 25% of total work time as well as internationally
- Ability to work evenings and weekends when scheduled
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org ( resume at pkaza dot com ) with in 14848462 the subject. After applying, if you have further questions, you may call 973-895-5200 and ask for Iggy. You can also submit via our career portal and take a look at other Critical Facility openings we are working on at, https://www.pkaza.com/jobs/
If you are in Data Center Facilities but this opportunity is not what you are looking for let’s still talk. New openings are coming in weekly and others we are not allowed to post. We also not only keep leads confidential but pay for referrals as well.
Company offers competitive salaries and benefits package including medical insurance, a 401(k) plan.
EOE/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Pkaza, LLC is a third party employment firm. All fees assessed by Pkaza will be paid by our employer that we represent and not by the candidate.