This opportunity is with a Market Leader in the mission-critical data center developer / wholesaler / colo provider space. This firm provides data center solutions custom-fit to the requirements of their client's mission-critical operational facilities. They provide reliability of mission-critical facilities for many of the world's largest organizations including the Hyperscale market.
Data Center Operations Safety Director – Hillsboro, OR
This role is also available in San Jose CA, Ashburn VA, Dallas TX and Chicago, IL
This key role is focused on safety performance, compliance, and continuous improvement within my client's operational data centers. The successful candidate will develop and support the implementation of EHS procedures. They will be a technical resource for the Critical Operations team members and involved in the oversight and planning, as it relates to the environment, health, and safety, for critical maintenance and special projects. They will create goals for continually improving all aspects of data center safety to ensure we are minimizing risks and protecting people.
- Implement health and safety standards and principles, policies, and practices including but not limited to; safety management systems, training, risk assessments and applicable safety regulations
- Conduct health and safety audits of live operational data centers to ensure compliance with health and safety requirements as well as life safety requirements
- Work with Facility Operations to implement effective management processes for high-risk activities including electrical safety, lockout/tagout, fall protection, and contractor management
- Support the EHS aspects of commissioning data centers and the hand-off from construction to operations
- Maintain adequate safety record keeping and data integrity.
- Consult and partner with the internal compliance team for interpretations and guidance
- Conduct workplace risk/exposure assessments for various classes of hazards
- Supporting incident investigations and root cause analysis, so that corrective and preventive actions can be identified, communicated and implemented
- Conducting/delivering regulatory training programs to meet EHS requirements to include 29 CFR 1910 and ISO 45001
- Monitor, interpret and communicate summaries of standards and regulatory requirements to assure compliance and proactive management of risk
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Health and Safety, Engineering, Electrical Safety, Mechanical Systems, or related field
- A minimum of 8+ years of experience with health and safety in critical operations environments; ideally data center operations
- Must have current working knowledge of U.S Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations CSP or similar safety certification
- Experience with electrical safety and working knowledge of NFPA 70E
- Experience communicating with leadership and providing business justifications for occupational health solutions
- Strong organizational skills, verbal and written skills
- Multitasker / Taskmaster / Attention to Detail
- Strategic and a Problem Solver
- 30 - 50% Travel
Qualified candidates can send their resume to email@example.com ( resume at pkaza dot com ) with 14932633 in the subject. After applying, if you have further questions, you may call 973-895-5200 and ask for Iggy. You can also submit via our career portal and also see all of our critical facility openings at: https://www.pkaza.com/jobs/
If this job is not for you, feel free to forward this along. WE PAY FOR REFERRALS!!
Company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, medical insurance, a 401(k) plan.
EOE/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Pkaza, LLC is a third party employment firm. All fees assessed by Pkaza will be paid by our employer that we represent and not by the candidate.