Our client is a global provider and manufacturer of industrial power equipment used in emergency back up power applications for mission critical operations. They provide design, commissioning oversight and consulting expertise as it pertains to the company’s OEM product. This company provides power solutions to many of the world's largest organizations and government facilities and also Enterprise Clients, Colocation Providers and Hyperscale Companies. This career-growth minded opportunity offers exciting projects with leading-edge technology and innovation as well as competitive salaries and benefits.
Critical Power Sales Manager – Ashburn, VA
This position is also available in New York City, Boston MA, Atlanta GA, Charlotte NC, Chicago IL, Dallas TX, Phoenix AZ, Denver CO, and St. Louis MO.
Our client is looking for a Critical Power Sales Manager to join their team. The focus of this position is to expand the customer base. This will be achieved through direct customer and manufacturer representative relationships, as well as working relationships with Consulting Engineers, Electrical Contractors, and General Contractors. The ideal candidate will possess contacts in the Data Center / Critical Facilities Marketplace as well. They will call on established clients and prospect for new accounts among high-potential Critical Facility end-users, engineers, and subcontractors. The Sales Manager will also be responsible for preparing proposals, presentations, and briefings. A proven track record of consultative data center solutions sales skills are a must, along with a strong background in electrical power distribution and emergency power solutions.
- Pursue opportunities with Data Center Customers and Colos, Government accounts and Industrial / Commercial businesses and sell company's UPS and Electrical Power Systems product line
- Meets regional sales objectives by forecasting sales; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures and analyzing variances
- Establishes sales objectives by creating a sales plan to achieve the quota for the region in support of the growth objectives
- Ability to schedule sales meetings and presentations with qualified decision makers
- Responsible for weekly and monthly reporting to improve pipeline qualification and quality of opportunities pursued
- Monitor and discuss the progress of the sales opportunities with sales and senior leadership
- Responsible for Scope and Proposal development, perform site surveys and provide scope solutions for customer issues
- Utilize the companies CRM tool to track, report, and manage all sales activities
- Attend events, trade shows and trade association meetings to facilitate networking opportunities
- B/A or B/S a plus
- 5 to 10 yrs+ of relevant critical power (UPS, switchgear, generator) sales experience
- Have experience selling Electrical Power Systems Solutions with OEMs like: Eaton, APC, MGE, Liebert / Vertiv, Mitsubishi, Toshiba, etc
- Business Contacts in the desired Region – Critical Facility Executives: C Level (as needed), VP of IT, Director of Facilities, Facilities Managers, etc.
- Active member of business organizations such as 7x24 Exchange, AFCOM, IEEE, DCD, Bisnow, Imasons, Uptime, Bisnow, etc
- Background / Contacts with design / build, construction, commissioning, and operations / maintenance of data centers is a huge plus
- Previous experience in the Military / Military Veterans a huge plus! Experience with Electrical / Mechanical: Navy nukes - EMN, ETN, MMNs, SeaBees, Army - Power Generation, Air Force – Power Production, Generator Techs, Maritime, Coast Guard, Army National Guard, etc.
- Must be a team player and be able to build long-term cooperative partner relationships with internal and external individuals who are part of the business development process
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize
- Must be able to demonstrate a sustained track record of business development accomplishments as related to new business opportunities
- Proficient with Customer relationship management platforms
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Flexible and open to travel
Please send your resume to email@example.com ( resume at pkaza dot com ) with 15004870 in the subject. After applying, if you have further questions, you may call 973-895-5200 and ask for Iggy. You can also submit via our career portal and take a look at other Critical Facility openings we are working on at, https://www.pkaza.com/jobs/
If you are in Data Center Facilities but this opportunity is not what you are looking for let’s still talk. New openings are coming in weekly and others we are not allowed to post.
We also not only keep leads confidential but pay for referrals as well.
Company offers competitive salaries and benefits package including medical insurance and a 401(k) plan.
EOE/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Pkaza, LLC is a third party employment firm. All fees assessed by Pkaza will be paid by our employer that we represent and not by the candidate