This opportunity is working directly with a leading mission-critical data center developer / wholesaler / colo provider. This company provides turnkey data center solutions custom-fit to the requirements of their client's ever-changing mission-critical facility’s operational needs. They accomplish this by providing reliability of mission-critical facilities for many of the world's largest organizations (Hyperscale and Enterprise Customers). This opportunity provides a career-growth minded role with exciting projects with leading-edge technology and innovation as well as competitive salaries and benefits.
Data Center Controls Engineer - Ashburn, VA
This job is also available in San Jose, CA
The ideal candidate will have previous experience with the design, construction and commissioning of building automation systems in a data center environment. They will troubleshoot, install and make upgrades to existing automation systems for power and cooling systems in a live, mission-critical environment. They will assist in complete startup, commissioning, and validation procedures of these systems. They will collaborate with the Electrical and Mechanical Engineering teams, Software Development team and Site Operations teams to ensure the reliability of new and modified installations.
- Maintain and deploy updated versions of PLC applications for existing control systems with minimal supervision
- Complete PLC software application modifications in an online, critical environment
- Work with leading edge automation systems from large scale industrial controls vendors
- Troubleshoot and resolve PLC, network, and other critical control system issues during an incident
- Manage all vendors to ensure compliance with company guidelines and policies.
- Oversee all change management and controls system upgrades while maintaining 100% uptime on all existing equipment
- Coordinate with Design/Construction Teams
- Review commissioning process for new construction and retrofits as it pertains to control processes and SOPS
- Assess, recommend and implement industry best practices into new and existing Critical Environment Programs
- Take ownership of all QC / Quality Control of hardware installs
- Provide feedback to senior management for the continuous improvement of the Critical Environments program
- Repair and Troubleshoot controls systems and hardware (relays, controllers, etc)
- Develop process documentation and training materials
- BA / BS in Engineering or relevant degree a Huge Plus
- Data Center Commissioning Experience a plus
- 5 years leadership experience in data center facility operations
- Experience with Ignition HMI software a plus
- 5+ years with of BMS / BCM / BAS Systems ( Building monitoring systems / building control systems / Building Automation Systems - SCADA, Cimplicity, ALC, Metasys )
- Previous experience working on Controls Products from companies such as: Johnson Controls / JCI; Siemens; Automated Logic; Honeywell; GE Control Systems; Schneider Electric or Rockwell Automation
- Ability to read and audit one-lines / blueprints / CAD drawings and controls diagrams
- Data Center Capital Project experience a plus
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Superior analytical, planning and problem resolution skills
- Ability to travel
- Ability to work evenings and weekends when scheduled
- Previous experience in the Military / Military Veterans a huge plus! Experience with Electrical / Mechanical: Navy nukes - EMN, ETN, MMNs, SeaBees, Army - Power Generation, Air Force – Power Production, Generator Techs, Maritime, Coast Guard, Army National Guard, etc.
Please send your resume to email@example.com ( resume at pkaza dot com ) with 15005623 in the subject. After applying, if you have further questions, you may call 973-895-5200 and ask for Iggy. You can also submit via our career portal and take a look at other Critical Facility openings we are working on at, https://www.pkaza.com/jobs/
If you are in Data Center Facilities but this opportunity is not what you are looking for let’s still talk. New openings are coming in weekly and others we are not allowed to post. We also not only keep leads confidential but pay for referrals as well.
Company offers competitive salaries and benefits package including medical insurance, a 401(k) plan.
EOE/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Pkaza, LLC is a third party employment firm. All fees assessed by Pkaza will be paid by our employer that we represent and not by the candidate.