This opportunity is with a Market Leader in the mission-critical data center developer / wholesaler / colo provider space. This firm provides data center solutions custom-fit to the requirements of their client's mission-critical operational facilities. They provide reliability of mission-critical facilities for many of the world's largest organizations including the Hyperscale market.
Director of Data Center Strategy and Development - Chicago, IL
Remote Anywhere in US - especially in Cleveland OH, San Jose CA, Ashburn VA, Dallas TX or Portland OR
Our client is looking for a Director of Strategy and Development. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience leading data center and infrastructure development efforts, including property diligence and
permitting, site and facility design, utility interconnection, finance, and taxes. Candidate must also understand municipal as it relates to location strategy and land procurement.
- Leading infrastructure development activities, including negotiating land transactions and supporting agreements
- Develop and manage project budgets
- Developing and managing project budgets, and participating in data center site location efforts
- Managing diligence and permitting efforts, optimizing utility and network interconnections, working with design and construction teams
- Negotiate data center development transactions, including the supporting legal real estate procedures
- Maintain strategic relationships with in-region stakeholders
- Partner with sales team to pitch build-to-suit opportunities and product development
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Construction or Engineering, Masters preferred
- 10 years of experience in the development of data centers other mission critical facilities
- Thorough understanding and experience leading complex transactions
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects with internal staff, external consultants, vendors, and other stakeholders
- Ability to effectively communicate complex commercial and market information and analysis at all organizational levels to include senior leadership, utility partners, government officials and local stakeholders
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must pass comprehensive background screening
- Travel required is 25-50%
Qualified candidates can send their resume to email@example.com ( resume at pkaza dot com ) with 15093577 in the subject. After applying, if you have further questions, you may call 973-895-5200 and ask for Iggy. You can also submit via our career portal and also see all of our critical facility openings at: https://jobs.pkaza.com
If this job is not for you - please feel free to forward this to someone who may be a fit - WE PAY FOR REFERRALS!!
EOE/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Pkaza, LLC is a third party employment firm. All fees assessed by Pkaza will be paid by the employer that we represent and not by the candidate.