Ready to work near the Beach? Are you a Sr UPS tech with leadership skills? This job opportunity is with a market leader of Critical Power Services in the nation!
his opportunity provides a career-growth minded role with exciting projects with leading-edge technology and innovation as well as competitive salaries and benefits. This company provides data center solutions custom-fit to the requirements of their client's mission-critical facilities. They offer Third Party Installs, Corrective and Preventive Maintenance of Mission Critical Equipment, Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS), DC Rectifiers, Generator Maintenance & Repair Services, Turnkey Electrical Solutions, DC Plant Services and Battery Services. They provide reliability and uptime of mission-critical facilities for many of the world's largest organizations and government facilities including Enterprise Data Centers, Colocation Providers and Hyperscale Companies.
UPS Service Manager– Miami
This position is also available in: Ashburn VA (3rd Party) and Wilmington NC (end user)
A fully competent UPS Field Tech Manager - Applies an intensive and diversified knowledge of complete UPS start-up, testing and operations. Responsible for supervision of commissioning, maintaining and providing emergency support on UPS at customers’ sites within their respective regional coverage area. Will supervise the maintenance on UPS and other power systems equipment including battery tests and replacements and load bank testing.
- Manage service team performing installation and maintenance of critical power equipment such as UPS, Battery systems and backup generators
- Coordinate schedule for all site equipment deliveries
- Troubleshoot and diagnose UPS equipment malfunctions and failures
- Administer inventory control system and prepare equipment orders going out and track returning orders
- Prepare service reports and other custom checklists during repair, maintenance, recondition and troubleshooting of power systems equipment
- Set schedules for team
- Training of company technicians and client personnel in UPS operation and maintenance
- Support the sales team by serving as the technical subject matter expert on critical power equipment and solution
- Create and modify installation and maintenance operational procedures for equipment
- Minimum of 5 years of UPS Power Systems, Battery technologies and Electronic Experience
- 2 years of previous experience managing or leading a UPS field service team a plus!
- Utilizes hand tools and test equipment to perform work
- Requires excellent verbal, written communication skills & customer relation skills
- Must be able to provide high level of quality customer service
- Must be able to complete Field Service Reports within a timely manner
- Requires knowledge of equipment manufacturer’s specifications
- Ability to work independently and resourceful with good initiatives
- Must be able to perform repeated bending & lifting of up to 50lbs during certain procedures
- Must be able to provide necessary pro-active recommendations to clients
- Candidate must be willing to work nights & weekends when necessary / be on call when needed
- Knowledge of general computer hardware & software applications
- Previous 3rd Party UPS experience a plus
- UPS OEM factory training or experience working in the field with: Emerson / Liebert / Vertiv ; APC / MGE / Schneider , or Eaton / Powerware / PDI , a huge plus!
- Technical degree a (DeVry, Lincoln Tech ) a plus
- Previous experience in the Military / Military veterans in all branches that have experience with Electrical / Mechanical is a huge plus (Navy nukes- EMN, ETN, MMNs, SeaBees, Army - Power Generation, Air Force – Power Production, Generator Techs, Maritime, Coast Guard, etc.)
- Clean driving record
- Travel typically is regional, but can be nationally if any emergencies arise
Please send your resume to: email@example.com ( resume at pkaza dot com ) with 15282444 in the subject. After applying, if you have further questions, you may call 973-895-5200 and ask for Iggy. You can also submit via our career portal and look at other Critical Facility openings we are working on at, https://www.pkaza.com/jobs/
If you are in Data Center Facilities but this opportunity is not what you are looking for let’s still talk. New openings are coming in weekly and others we are not allowed to post.
We also not only keep leads confidential but pay for referrals as well!
Company offers competitive salaries and benefits package including medical insurance and a 401(k) plan
EOE/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Pkaza, LLC is a third-party employment firm. All fees assessed by Pkaza will be paid by our employer that we represent and not by the candidate