This opportunity is working directly with a leading mission-critical data center developer / wholesaler / colo provider. This company provides turnkey data center solutions custom-fit to the requirements of their client's ever-changing mission-critical facility’s operational needs. They accomplish this by providing reliability of mission-critical facilities for many of the world's largest organizations (Hyperscale and Enterprise Customers). This opportunity provides a career-growth minded role with exciting projects with leading-edge technology and innovation as well as competitive salaries and benefits.
Critical Power Energy Manager – Data Center Development
This position is also available in: Santa Clara CA, Portland OR, Denver CO, Chicago IL, Charlotte NC, Atlanta GA, Dallas TX, and Toronto ON.
Our client is looking for a Critical Power Electrical Utilities Manager for their Data Center Development Group. The ideal candidate will have previous experience working with Electrical Utilities Companies supporting the development and execution of comprehensive power and energy strategies. This candidate will help lead data center energy and sustainability infrastructure development goals and keep up with changing customer needs such as decarbonization and alternate renewable energy solutions. Candidate will act as the SME for Electrical Utilities Matters.
- Lead the process to obtain and secure Power / Energy Utility agreements
- Develop strategies in energy markets to identify cost savings opportunities for new and existing data center sites
- Evaluate power generation makeup in relevant markets, and understanding regional renewable options for utility companies in regional markets
- Manage energy projects against plans and objectives to ensure commitments are met, delivering against cost savings goals
- Execute electrical supply contracts with Utilities by getting quotes and structure contracts that reduce cost, minimize risk, and leverage opportunities for the organization
- Evaluate multiple markets and specific sites and their associated power networks and utilities to identify opportunities and challenges in power procurement
- Maintain and track all power contracts and status for all Data Center Development projects
- Work alongside the real estate, procurement, development, and project management teams to help with site selection/evaluation, project budgeting, and timeline estimates for new data center and data center expansion projects
- Work collaboratively with land acquisition team during the due-diligence phase to validate the availability and feasibility of utility capacity
- Drive analysis of multiple markets and sites, to assist with business and investment decisions
- Review of regulatory environments and possible solutions
- Build relationships with industry stakeholders, such as utilities, regional power planning agencies, renewable project developers, project investors, and renewable OEMs
- Support the PreConstruction and Construction Management process through the execution of the MV/HV utility supply
- Provide support to Construction Team from handover-of-utility-for-construction through commissioning / power-on across company's portfolio of projects
- Act as Subject Matter Expert on any current or upcoming utility legislation
- Develop familiarity with rate structures in each relevant geography and maintain models for expected power rate structures
- BA / BS in Economics / Engineering / Business a Plus
- 3 to 7 + years of experience in utility / energy industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to effectively respond, verbally or in writing, to sensitive issues, complex inquiries or complaints; strong attention to detailp
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects with minimal direction
- Expert application software skills including MS Word, MS Excel, AutoCAD, Visio, and Adobe Acrobat
- Experience working with Utility Companies to establish Contracts; structuring and negotiating utility connection agreements in multiple markets with a variety of utilities
- Experience working in a utilities or large power consumer company / Data Center Exp is a huge plus but not required
- Understand renewable energy procurement options
- Previous experience in energy markets, energy trading, power contract negotiations, energy regulations, renewable development, or energy generation technologies a huge plus
- Previous experience evaluating new energy markets, utility tariffs, policies, power contracts, or evaluating new energy sourcing opportunities and technologies with renewable credit programs, renewable project development, power forecasting and scheduling, portfolio management theory, advanced energy storage, or alternative energy resources
- Understand renewable energy procurement options and how to apply them in different markets throughout NA
Qualified candidates can send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org ( resume at pkaza dot com ) with 15307689 in the subject. After applying, if you have further questions, you may call 973-895-5200 and ask for Iggy. You can also submit via our career portal and also see all of our critical facility openings at: https://www.pkaza.com/jobs/
If this job is not for you, feel free to forward this along. WE PAY FOR REFERRALS!!
Company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, medical insurance and a 401(k) plan
EOE/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Pkaza LLC is a third party employment firm. All fees assessed by Pkaza will be paid by our employer that we represent and not by the candidate.