This opportunity is working directly with a leading mission-critical data center developer / wholesaler / colo provider. This company provides turnkey data center solutions custom-fit to the requirements of their client's ever-changing mission-critical facility’s operational needs. They accomplish this by providing reliability of mission-critical facilities for many of the world's largest organizations (Hyperscale and Enterprise Customers). This opportunity provides a career-growth minded role with exciting projects with leading-edge technology and innovation as well as competitive salaries and benefits.
Senior Mechanical Engineer - Ashburn, VA
This position is also available in: Boston MA, New York NY, Paramus NJ, Newark NJ, Philadelphia PA, Baltimore MD, Washington DC, Charlotte NC, Atlanta GA, Austin TX, Dallas TX, Kansas City MO, and Phoenix AZ
This opportunity is a chance to work for a leading data center company and not your typical consulting role. The ideal candidate will have past experience designing commercial HVAC mechanical systems specifically for cooling mission critical data center computer rooms. They will have experience with heating and cooling load calculations, ductwork and piping sizing, selecting HVAC equipment, energy modeling and other engineering calculations.
- Manage projects, create designs and plans, provided and gather specifications
- Execute assignments in a multidisciplinary mechanical engineering design role for complex facility design projects
- Equipment sizing and calculations
- Coordination with all trades, including architectural, structural, and civil
- Create Conceptual Designs
- Oversee Commissioning Process as needed
- Represent the company in project meetings
- 5-10 years of experience designing data center cooling systems
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- PE a plus; LEED a plus
- Experience working with Mechanical Systems ( HVAC, CFD (Fluid Dynamics), Boilers, Chillers, Pumps, CRAC / CRAH Units, Air Handling Units, etc.
- Technical writing experience and proficiency
- Proficiency in MS Office products, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Project
- Experience reviewing work in REVIT; Trane Trace or IES VE Energy Modeling software
- Previous experience in the Military / Military Veterans a huge plus! Experience with Electrical / Mechanical: Navy nukes - EMN, ETN, MMNs, SeaBees, Army - Power Generation, Air Force – Power Production, Generator Techs, Maritime, Coast Guard, Army National Guard, etc.
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills needed for client interface
Qualified candidates can send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
( resume at pkaza dot com ) with 15479504 in the subject. After applying, if you have further questions, you may call 973-895-5200 and ask for Iggy. You can also submit via our career portal and also see all of our critical facility openings at: https://www.pkaza.com/jobs/
Company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, medical insurance and a 401(k) plan.
EOE / AA Employer M/F/D/V
Pkaza, LLC is a third party employment firm. All fees assessed by Pkaza will be paid by the employer that we represent and not by the candidate.