This opportunity is working directly with a leading mission-critical data center developer / wholesaler / colo provider. This company provides turnkey data center solutions custom-fit to the requirements of their client's ever-changing mission-critical facility’s operational needs. They accomplish this by providing reliability of mission-critical facilities for many of the world's largest organizations (Hyperscale and Enterprise Customers). This opportunity provides a career-growth minded role with exciting projects with leading-edge technology and innovation as well as competitive salaries and benefits.
Data Center Site Operations VP - Seattle, WA
This position is also available in: Ashburn VA, Richmond VA
We are looking for an experienced Data Center Facility Operations VP to support multiple data centers in the Pacific Northwest. The VP will be responsible for managing the overall quality and service of the operation and maintenance of multiple critical facility infrastructure systems in accordance with company's policies and procedures. These Data Centers are a 7x24x365 a year operation. The VP will work with the data center facility managers in maintaining the relationships with various customers. The successful candidate will oversee the work performed by in-house data center facility manager to ensure each site is meeting the high and dynamic standards of their internal customers. The successful candidate will also provide consistent leadership and support through planning, communicating, and managing a team of professionals responsible to deliver data center facility services. Responsibilities include the delivery of quality and consistent services and support as established by the Corporation while satisfying unique customer requirements, managing issue resolution and ensuring proper performance reporting of key metrics for the region, establishing goals and objectives for the region based on strategic and business plans of the corporation.
- Performing periodic site walk-throughs in order to ensure Company’s procedures (SOPS and MOPS) and standards are followed. This includes assisting the Facilities Manager, Technicians and any other contracted vendors
- Identifying any vulnerabilities while overseeing 3rd Party Critical Facilities onsite team
- Communicating the status of the operation process with senior management and onsite customers
- Site acceptance and commissioning of the facility to ensure the site meets the superior and dynamic standards of Company Standards
- Acting as liaison and coordinating efforts between the contracted vendors and the onsite customers.
- Oversee the development of procedures/Method of Procedures (MOPs) for the DC build in addition to approving MOPs for data hall work
- Participating in the interview process for prospective candidates applying to this critical facility
- Auditing installed data center components. This audit will be used to verify the completion of the job scope by the vendor in addition to verifying the design documentation for the build-out and ongoing operations of the data hall space
- Provide strategic / tactical leadership with a background in best practices related to operations for performance and reliability on a variety of state of the art critical systems such as: medium voltage switchgear, diesel generators, UPS systems, power distribution equipment, chillers, cooling towers, computer room air handlers, fire detection / suppression; building monitoring systems; etc
- Supervise the on-site management the facility manager, facility technicians, sub-contractors and vendors, ensuring that all work is performed according to established practices and procedures
- Manage Customer Relationship and act as escalation point of contact for the company at this site
- Manage the establishment of performance benchmarks, conduct analyses and prepare reports on all aspects of the critical facility operations and maintenance
- Work with business leaders to coordinate projects, manage capacity and optimize plant safety, performance, reliability and efficiency
- Review MOPs and SOPs for all work on critical data center facility equipment
- Ensure that a constant state of readiness in support of the mission goal of 99.999% uptime
- Oversee Network Operations Center (NOC), and IT Deliverables, hosting, storage, etc
- 8-15+ years of data center facility operations and maintenance experience.
- 5 years leadership experience in data center facility operations.
- Budget / P/L responsibility
- Previous Experience working with Critical Electrical and Mechanical / HVAC MEP / Cabling equipment a must
- Experience working with IT group for hosting, setting up NOC, storage, Network (not as critical)
- Experience supervising a technical data center operations staff
- Previous experience as a Data Center Facility Manager a must
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Good presentation skills in leading meetings (both conference and in person)
- Superior analytical, planning and problem resolution skills Knowledge of Company Services and operations structure and support operations.
- Highly organized with proved project management abilities
- Ability to multitask, establish priorities, manage conflicts
- Previous experience in the Military / Military veterans in all branches that have experience with Electrical / Mechanical is a huge plus (Navy Nukes- EMN, ETN, MMNs, Seabees, Army - Power Generation, Air Force – Power Production, Generator Techs, Maritime, Coast Guard, etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
( resume at pkaza dot com ) with 15572912 in the subject. After applying, if you have further questions, you may call 973-895-5200 and ask for Iggy. You can also submit via our career portal and take a look at other Critical Facility openings we are working on at, https://www.pkaza.com/jobs/
If you are in Data Center Facilities but this opportunity is not what you are looking for let’s still talk. New openings are coming in weekly and others we are not allowed to post. We also not only keep leads confidential but pay for referrals as well.
Company offers competitive salaries and benefits package including medical insurance, a 401(k) plan.
EOE/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Pkaza LLC is a third-party employment firm. All fees assessed by Pkaza LLC will be paid by our employer that we represent and not by the candidate. However, if we place you and you buy your recruiter a lunch once they place you is definitely not discouraged and always welcome!