This job opportunity is with a company that is a Leader in Third Party Installs, Corrective and Preventive Maintenance of Mission Critical Equipment - Uninterruptible Power Supply ( UPS ), Batteries - Lithium Ion, DC Rectifiers. Their Service Offering supports Critical Facilities / Data Centers for the Hyperscale, COLO, and Enterprise Data Center Market.
UPS FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN – Portland, OR
A fully competent UPS Field Technician - Applies an intensive and diversified knowledge of complete UPS start-up, testing and operations. Responsible for commissioning, maintaining and providing emergency support on power electronics at customers’ sites within their respective regional coverage area.
- Performs commissioning focused design reviews, prepares commissioning test procedures and reports, coordinates and oversees on-site testing.
- When not in field involved in preventive maintenance, emergency response, equipment start-up and/or field modification, candidate will occasionally train at the company’s headquarters testing equipment or rebuilding older systems.
- Discuss with technical support problems related to maintenance or operation of equipment.
- Participate in the development of Methods of Procedures (MOPs).
- Consults with supervisor concerning unusual problems and developments.
- Candidate will be home based.
- Preferably 3-5+ years experience in this field and ability to troubleshoot down to component level on equipment such as UPS, batteries, PDU’s, STS, etc.
- Utilizes hand tools and test equipment to perform work
- Requires excellent verbal, written communication skills & customer relation skills
- Must be able to provide high level of quality customer service
- Must be able to complete Field Service Reports within a timely manner
- Requires knowledge of equipment manufacturer’s specifications
- Ability to work independently and resourceful with good initiatives
- Must be able to perform repeated bending & lifting of up to 100lbs during certain procedures
- Must be able to provide necessary pro-active recommendations to clients
- Candidate must be willing to work nights & weekends when necessary / be on call when needed
- Knowledge of general computer hardware & software applications
- Previous 3rd Party UPS experience a plus
- UPS OEM factory training or experience working in the field with: Emerson / Liebert / Vertiv ; APC / MGE / Schneider , or Eaton / Powerware / PDI , a MUST
- Technical degree a (DeVry, Lincoln Tech ) a plus
- Previous military experience and training a plus - Navy Nuke, Seabees, Marines, Air Force, Army
- Clean driving record
- Travel typically is regional, but can be nationally if any emergencies arise
Please send any interests or resumes: email@example.com ( resume at pkaza dot com ) with 15656150 in the subject. After applying, if you have further questions, you may call 973-895-5200 and ask for Iggy. You can also submit via our career portal and take a look at other Critical Facility openings we are working on at https://www.pkaza.com/jobs/
If you are in Data Center Facilities but this opportunity is not what you are looking for let’s still talk. New openings are coming in weekly and others we are not allowed to post.
We also not only keep leads confidential but pay for referrals as well.
Company offers competitive salaries and benefits package including medical insurance, a 401(k) plan.
EOE/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Pkaza LLC is a third party employment firm. All fees assessed by Pkaza LLC will be paid by our employer that we represent and not by the candidate.