This opportunity is working directly with a leading mission-critical data center developer / wholesaler / colo provider. This firm provides data center solutions custom-fit to the requirements of their client's mission-critical operational facilities. They provide reliability of mission-critical facilities for many of the world's largest organizations (Enterprise and Hyperscale Customers). This career-growth minded opportunity offers exciting projects with leading-edge technology and innovation as well as competitive salaries and benefits.
Data Center Facility Manager - San Jose, CA
We are looking for an experienced Data Center Facility Manager / Chief Engineer to support a critical data center. The Data Center Manager will be responsible for managing the operation and maintenance of the critical facility / physical infrastructure systems in accordance with company's policies and procedures. The Data Center is a 7x24x365 a year operation. The Data Center Facility Manager will be managing Mechanical and Electrical Technicians. The facility manager will manage the local relationship with the customer.
- Operate and Manage both routine and emergency service on a variety of state of the art critical systems such as: medium voltage switchgear, diesel generators, UPS systems, power distribution equipment, chillers, cooling towers, computer room air handlers, fire detection / suppression; building monitoring systems; etc
- Supervise the on-site management of sub-contractors and vendors, ensuring that all work is performed according to established practices and procedures.
- Manage local client relationship and act as the point of contact for the company at this site.
- Establish performance benchmarks, conduct analyses and prepare reports on all aspects of the critical facility operations and maintenance.
- Work with IT managers and other business leaders to coordinate projects, manage capacity and optimize plant safety, performance, reliability and efficiency.
- Create, utilize and administer MOPs and SOPs for all work on critical facilities / data center facility equipment.
- Schedule work activities, within specified change control / management protocol.
- Maintain a constant state of readiness in support of the mission goal of 99.999% uptime
- 7-15 + years of data center / critical facility operations and maintenance experience.
- Solid Understanding of Critical Electrical and Mechanical / HVAC equipment ( UPS, Generators, Switchgears, PDU's, CRAC Units, Chillers, etc. )
- Experience supervising or managing a technical staff (Critical facilities technicians)
- Previous experience in the Military / Military veterans in all branches that have experience with Electrical / Mechanical is a huge plus (Navy nukes- EMN, ETN, MMNs, SeaBees, Army - Power Generation, Air Force – Power Production, Generator Techs, Maritime, Coast Guard, etc.)
- Previous experience working with the Customer a plus
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Experience working with various computer systems and applications
Qualified candidates can send their resume to email@example.com ( resume at pkaza dot com ) with 15710639 in the subject. After applying, if you have further questions, you may call 973-895-5200 and ask for Iggy. You can also submit via our career portal and also see all of our critical facility openings at: https://www.pkaza.com/jobs/
If this job is not for you, feel free to forward this along. WE PAY FOR REFERRALS!!
Company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, medical insurance, a 401(k) plan.
EOE/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Pkaza, LLC is a third party employment firm. All fees assessed by Pkaza will be paid by our employer that we represent and not by the candidate.