This opportunity is working directly with a leading mission-critical data center developer / wholesaler / colo provider. This firm provides data center solutions custom-fit to the requirements of their client's mission-critical operational facilities. They provide reliability of mission-critical facilities for many of the world's largest organizations and government facilities supporting Enterprise Clients, Colocation Providers and Hyperscale Companies. This opportunity provides a career-growth minded role with exciting projects with leading-edge technology and innovation as well as competitive salaries and benefits.
Assistant Data Center Facility Manager - Manassas, VA
We also have similar roles in San Jose CA; Plano TX; and Chicago IL
We are looking for an experienced Data Center Assistant Chief Engineer to support a critical data center. The Data Center Assistant Chief Engineer will be responsible for managing the operation and maintenance of the critical facility physical infrastructure systems in accordance with company's policies and procedures. The Data Center is a 7x24x365 a year operation. The Assistant Data Center Facility Manager will assist in managing Mechanical and Electrical Technicians and help manage the local relationship with the customer.
- Assist in managing both routine and emergency service on a variety of state-of-the-art critical systems such as: medium voltage switchgear, diesel generators, UPS systems, power distribution equipment, chillers, cooling towers, CRAC / CRAH, computer room air handlers, fire detection / suppression; building monitoring systems – BAS and BMS; etc.
- Troubleshoot and run diagnostics, conduct preventive maintenance and emergency repairs on critical facilities equipment within the Data Center as specified and on schedule
- Supervise the on-site management of sub-contractors and vendors, ensuring that all work is performed according to established practices and procedures
- Assist with the preparation of analyses and reports on the data center infrastructure, develops project plans and conducts briefings and updates the Critical Facilities Manager
- Manage local client relationship and act as the point of contact for the company at this site
- Establish performance benchmarks, conduct analyses and prepare reports on all aspects of the critical facility operations and maintenance
- Work with IT managers and other business leaders to coordinate projects, manage capacity and optimize plant safety, performance, reliability and efficiency
- Create, utilize and administer MOPs and SOPs for all work on critical facilities / data center facility equipment
- Schedule work activities, within specified change control / management protocol
- Maintain a constant state of readiness in support of the mission goal of 99.999% uptime
- Assist with CMMS database management
- 5 to 10+ years of data center / critical facility operations and maintenance experience
- Solid Understanding of Critical Power, Electrical Power Systems and Equipment - UPS, Generators, Switchgears, PDU's, and Mechanical equipment - Air handling units, CRAC, CRAH, Chillers, HVAC, computer grade cooling systems, DC Power Systems, and building monitoring / control systems – BAS / BMS
- Experience supervising or managing a technical staff (Critical facilities technicians)
- Certifications / training in either Electrical or Mechanical Designations
- Experience working with Electrical or Mechanical Trades a plus
- Previous experience interfacing and supporting Customers
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Previous experience in the Military / Military Veterans a huge plus! Experience with Electrical / Mechanical: Navy nukes - EMN, ETN, MMNs, SeaBees, Army - Power Generation, Air Force – Power Production, Generator Techs, Maritime, Coast Guard, Army National Guard, etc.
- Experience working with various computer systems and applications, CMMS Inventory tracking
Please send resumes to email@example.com ( resume at pkaza dot com ) with 15732359 in the subject. After applying, if you have further questions, you may call 973-895-5200 and ask for Iggy. You can also submit via our career portal and take a look at other Critical Facility openings we are working on at, https://www.pkaza.com/jobs/
If this job is not for you, feel free to forward this along. WE PAY FOR REFERRALS!!
Company offers competitive salaries and benefits package including medical insurance, a 401(k) plan
EOE/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Pkaza LLC is a third party employment firm. All fees assessed by Pkaza LLC will be paid by our employer that we represent and not by the candidate