This opportunity is working directly with a leading mission-critical data center developer / wholesaler / colo provider. This firm provides data center solutions custom-fit to the requirements of their client's mission-critical operational facilities. They provide reliability of mission-critical facilities for many of the world's largest organizations facilities supporting Enterprise Clients and Hyperscale Companies. This career-growth minded opportunity offers exciting projects with leading-edge technology and innovation as well as competitive salaries and benefits.
Vice President of Procurement – Data Center Colo- Ashburn, VA
This position is also available in: New York NY , Chicago IL, Dallas TX, Charlotte NC, San Jose CA, Portland OR, otherwise near any major airport - Hybrid / Remote
Reporting to SVP of Design and Construction, this position will lead all contractual negotiations and delivery of all electrical and mechanical equipment that goes into construction of data center capacity. This individual will define our procurement strategy, create relationships with major equipment manufacturers and ensure timely supply of equipment at industry competitive prices.
- This individual will manage the team that drives equipment submittals from cradle to grave of the product(s) assigned to their team. Individual will have previous experience managing multiple single line diagrams, product specifications and driving OFCI Equipment submittals to closure (approval);
- RFIs and RFQs for the sourcing of equipment for low voltage switchgear, medium switchgear, transformers, electrical skids, and other data center equipment systems as needed;
- This group will serve as a liaison between our supply chain partners to manage Engineering change orders, lead-times and costs are managed and communicated properly.
- Analyze project schedules for on-site equipment delivery dates to maintain and execute the Materials Requirement Plan (MRP) to support project obtaining and analyze vendors quotes, change order and submittals.
- Drive project-level tasks and milestones assigned by the project management team
- Scheduling start-up and commissioning support services from the vendors
- Maintain and develop supplier relationships to coordinate approval and release of the necessary equipment per construction schedule
- Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure clarity of the specifications and operational requirements
- Work with the Finance and Accounting to ensure all purchases have appropriately been costed to a project and support with invoicing issues
- Negotiate best-landed price with primary and secondary vendors, as applicable
- Support the negotiation of complex requests for equipment and services from suppliers and subcontractors
- Manage and support equipment inventory planning efforts and forecasting
- Establish direct relations with key equipment manufacturers and develop a supply chain pipeline that supports our data center development plans
- Prioritize work based on business and customer demands, and lead customer-requested technical business reviews
- Bachelor of Science in supply chain management, logistics, business administration, Engineering or related field or equivalent experience, is required
- 5 - 10 + years of experience in a supply chain / procurement role is required
- Data Center or industrial equipment experience is strongly preferred
- Aptitude to learn quickly and drive things to closure is required
- Strong business acumen with a strong commercial background is required
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques is required
- Previous experience in the Military / Military veterans in all branches that have experience with Electrical / Mechanical is a huge plus (Navy Nukes- EMN, ETN, MMNs, Seabees, Army - Power Generation, Air Force – Power Production, Generator Techs, Maritime, Coast Guard, etc.)
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org ( resume at pkaza dot com ) with 15749618 in the subject. After applying, if you have further questions, you may call 973-895-5200 and ask for Iggy. You can also submit via our career portal and take a look at other Critical Facility openings we are working on at, https://www.pkaza.com/jobs/
If you are in Data Center Facilities but this opportunity is not what you are looking for let’s still talk. New openings are coming in weekly and others we are not allowed to post. We also not only keep leads confidential but pay for referrals as well.
Company offers competitive salaries and benefits package including medical insurance, a 401(k) plan.
EOE/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Pkaza, LLC is a third-party employment firm. All fees assessed by Pkaza will be paid by our employer that we represent and not by the candidate.