This opportunity is with a leading general contractor of data center construction services. This company provides a complete life cycle of solutions that are custom-fit to the requirements of their client's mission-critical facilities. This opportunity provides a career-growth minded role with exciting projects with leading-edge technology and innovation as well as competitive salaries and benefits. They build mission-critical facilities for data center facilities nationwide for Enterprise, Colocation and Hyperscale Companies.
General Superintendent – Data Center Construction – Des Moines, IA
Responsible for field activities associated with the project, including supervision of all field construction work by all subcontractors / trades and self-performed work. Keep in constant contact with Subcontractors to ensure timely work to keep project on time / within budget. Ensures equipment purchased is in onsite at the project when needed. Shares responsibility with the construction project manager for developing and keeping to the project budget, actively participating in the preconstruction phase, and ensuring that the project is built on time, within budget, and according to company policies and procedures. Manages and mentors assistant Supers and Coordinators and other field personnel. Maintains a relentless focus on meeting and exceeding customer needs and expectations through the life of the project.
- Plan and organize data center projects as a General Superintendent
- Maintain liaison with Site Project Manager, MEP Superintendent, Super, On-site Trades / Vendors to facilitate construction activities
- Manage and oversee staff, subcontractors, and suppliers on the project, while following OSHA / Safety, Quality and EEOC programs
- Track production of all contractors in relation to schedule
- Manage material and other costs and procurement, QA/QC (Mock-Ups, Pre-Install), Civil, Structural, and General building coordination
- Monitor special inspections
- Manage punch lists, governing authority inspections/certifications, owner training, oversee completion of as-builts
- Together with the Project Manager and others, create, implement, revise and manage the project’s schedule and timeline
- Manage and track financial aspects of contracts - size up, costs, progress billing, income/expenses, monitor labor, material, and equipment costs for the project and forecast status
- Order material and equipment
- Responsible for project documentation, and maintain an organized filing system per SOP
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of corporate policies. Put these in clear concise work statement for the field
- Update and Maintain all drawings, logs, task lists, punch lists, diaries, and inspection notebooks. Accurately document project communications. Create & track change orders, create reports required to track the progress of the project (violation reports, incident reports, change order reports, inspection reports as needed)
- Represent the company in project meetings
- 5-10 years field supervision experience required
- Experience managing Data Center Construction Projects from the ground up
- Experience working on Data Center Construction Projects with Budgets ranging from $5mm to $500MM
- Client Facing / Client relationship / Client Management skills
- Must be familiar with the construction process of critical facilities as it pertains to MEP, Civil, Structural, and General Building Construction
- Responsible for manpower counts of ALL trades active on the project
- Coordinate inspections for areas and trades such as mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fireproofing, drywall, steel and concrete
- Willingness to travel to project site
- General contractor / construction manager engaged in general building and civil construction
- Previous experience in the Military / Military Veterans from all branches a huge plus! Experience with Electrical / Mechanical: Navy nukes - EMN, ETN, MMNs, SeaBees, Army - Power Generation, Air Force – Power Production, Generator Techs, Maritime, Coast Guard, Army National Guard, etc.
- Solid Project management construction experience
Please send resumes to email@example.com ( resume at pkaza dot com ) with 15779222 in the subject. After applying, if you have further questions, you may call 973-895-5200 and ask for Iggy. You can also submit via our career portal and take a look at other Critical Facility openings we are working on at https://www.pkaza.com/jobs/
If you are in Data Center Facilities but this opportunity is not what you are looking for let’s still talk. New openings are coming in weekly and others we are not allowed to post. We also not only keep leads confidential but pay for referrals as well.
Company offers competitive salaries and benefits package including medical insurance and 401(k) plan.
EOE/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Pkaza, LLC is a third party employment firm. All fees assessed by Pkaza will be paid by our employer that we represent and not by the candidate.