This opportunity is with a leading general contractor of data center construction services. This company provides a complete life cycle of solutions that are custom-fit to the requirements of their client's mission-critical facilities. This opportunity provides a career-growth minded role with exciting projects with leading-edge technology and innovation as well as competitive salaries and benefits. They build mission-critical facilities for data center facilities nationwide for Enterprise, Colocation and Hyperscale Companies.
Project Engineer - Data Center Construction - Des Moines, IA
The Project Engineer will be responsible for interpreting project plans and specifications with subcontractors and trade persons. They will assist in implementing the construction quality management program and help develop, track and distribute RFIs, Change Orders, and track project costs. Project Engineer will also be the eyes and ears of the Project Manager.
- Assist in planning and organizing large scale data center construction projects
- Assist PM with Critical Facilities Construction Project plans – size up, costs, scheduling , timeline
- Maintain liaison with primary client, A/E firm, Owner's Rep firm, and other vendors to facilitate construction activities and be responsible for communication of information among all project team members
- Assist in establishing project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards. Put these in clear concise work statement for the field
- Responsible for tracking financial status of the project including preparation of project status and accuracy of financial reports
- Work with Preconstruction, Assist with any Precon and Purchasing in development initial project budget
- Assist the preconstruction effort as it relates to Project Engineering
- Manage and Track the subcontract change order process including review of subcontractor estimates, negotiate change orders and obtain required owner approvals
- Track the financial aspects of contracts (progress billing, rental equipment, income/expenses) to protect the company’s interest as well as maintain good relationship with the client
- Assist with facilitation of project close-out, including securing warranties, guarantees, and acceptance of work, final payment and records retention
- Bachelor’s Degree a plus
- 2-5 years’ related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience
- Familiarity with the design process of building systems for data center and mission critical projects a plus
- Experience with: accounting principles and cost control procedures, estimating and construction costs a plus
- Knowledge of scheduling, purchasing, and engineering principles and techniques and various MEP building systems
- Demonstrated ability to thoroughly understand drawings and specifications, general contract and subcontract documents, materials, means and methods
- Experience with Data Center Construction Projects a Huge Plus
- Previous experience in the Military / Military Veterans from all branches a huge plus! Experience with Electrical / Mechanical: Navy nukes - EMN, ETN, MMNs, SeaBees, Army - Power Generation, Air Force – Power Production, Generator Techs, Maritime, Coast Guard, Army National Guard, etc.
- Client Facing /Client relationship / Client Management skills and strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills and a familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite of programs, also any scheduling software experience is a plus
Please send resumes to email@example.com ( resume at pkaza dot com ) with 15779300 in the subject. After applying, if you have further questions, you may call 973-895-5200 and ask for Iggy. You can also submit via our career portal and take a look at other Critical Facility openings we are working on at https://www.pkaza.com/jobs/
If you are in Data Center Facilities but this opportunity is not what you are looking for let’s still talk. New openings are coming in weekly and others we are not allowed to post. We also not only keep leads confidential but pay for referrals as well.
Company offers competitive salaries and benefits package including medical insurance, a 401(k) plan
EOE/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Pkaza, LLC is a third party employment firm. All fees assessed by Pkaza will be paid by our employer that we represent and not by the candidate.