This job opportunity is with a market leader of Critical Power Services in the nation. This opportunity provides a career-growth minded role with exciting projects with leading-edge technology and innovation as well as competitive salaries and benefits. This company provides data center solutions custom-fit to the requirements of their client's mission-critical facilities. They offer Third Party Installs, Corrective and Preventive Maintenance of Mission Critical Equipment, UPS and Generator Maintenance & Repair Services, Turnkey Electrical Solutions, DC Plant Services and Battery Services. They provide reliability and uptime of mission-critical facilities for many of the world's largest organizations and government facilities including Enterprise Data Centers, Colocation Providers and Hyperscale Companies.
Generator Field Service Technician - Data Center - Milwaukee, WI
We are looking for an experienced Critical Facility Generator Technician that will be responsible for scheduled maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of standby power equipment. You will troubleshoot, repair and maintain engines used in standby power equipment. Diagnose trouble, disassemble engines and examine parts for defects and excessive wear. Candidate must have basic knowledge of electrical components.
- Repair and Service for both routine and emergency service on a variety of state of the art critical systems such as: diesel generators, gaseous generators, etc.
- Troubleshoot and work independently onsite at customer’s location
- Read and review single line diagrams / wiring diagrams
- Work on a flexible work schedule 24x7x365 and respond to emergency calls as needed
- Maintain a constant state of readiness in support of the mission goal of 99.999% uptime
- 2-6+ years of data center / critical facility generator operations and maintenance and repair experience
- Previous experience servicing OEM Equipment such as: CAT / Caterpillar ; Cummins ; Generac ; Kohler etc.
- Solid Understanding of Critical Electrical and Mechanical / HVAC equipment as it relates to Generators
- Generator OEM and or Technical School - Formal Training / Certifications a huge plus!
- Mechanic Background a plus!
- Client Facing / Customer Service
- Previous experience in the Military / Military Veterans a huge plus! Experience with Electrical / Mechanical: Navy nukes - EMN, ETN, MMNs, SeaBees, Army - Power Generation, Air Force – Power Production, Generator Techs, Maritime, Coast Guard, Army National Guard, etc.
- Punctual and service driven
- Solid Acumen for using a laptop as it pertains to receiving correspondence as well as service tickets
- Clean driving record as this is a Field Service Position
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
Qualified candidates can send their resume to email@example.com ( resume at pkaza dot com ) with 15855770 in the subject. After applying, if you have further questions, you may call 973-895-5200 and ask for Iggy. You can also submit via our career portal and also see all of our critical facility openings at: https://www.pkaza.com/jobs/
If you are in Data Center Facilities but this opportunity is not what you are looking for let’s still talk. New openings are coming in weekly and others we are not allowed to post.
We also not only keep leads confidential but pay for referrals as well.
Company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, medical insurance and a 401(k) plan
EOE/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Pkaza, LLC is a third party employment firm. All fees assessed by Pkaza will be paid by the employer that we represent and not by the candidate.