This opportunity is working directly with a leading mission-critical data center developer / wholesaler / colo provider. This company provides turnkey data center solutions custom-fit to the requirements of their client's ever-changing mission-critical facility’s operational needs. They accomplish this by providing reliability of mission-critical facilities for many of the world's largest organizations (Hyperscale and Enterprise Customers). This opportunity provides a career-growth minded role with exciting projects with leading-edge technology and innovation as well as competitive salaries and benefits..
Mechanical Engineer - New York, NY
This position is also available in: Ashburn, VA, Denver CO, Boston MA, Philadelphia PA, Atlanta GA, Phoenix AZ, Dallas TX, Los Angeles / San Jose CA, and Newark NJ
The ideal candidate will have past experience designing commercial HVAC mechanical systems specifically for cooling mission critical data center computer rooms. They will have experience with heating and cooling load calculations, ductwork and piping sizing, selecting HVAC equipment, energy modeling and other engineering calculations.
- Create designs and plans, provided and gather specifications, and execute assignments in a multidisciplinary mechanical engineering design role for complex facility design projects
- Create Conceptual Designs gathered from meeting with the client
- Oversee Commissioning Process as needed
- Work with Business Development Team to respond to RFPs as needed
- Represent the company in project meetings
- 3-7 years experience designing data center cooling systems
- PE or EIT a plus
- LEED a plus
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Equivalent
- Experience with Mechanical Systems ( HVAC , CFD ( Fluid Dynamics ), Boilers , Chillers , Pumps , CRAC / CRAH Units , Air Handling Units , etc. )
- Equipment sizing and calculations
- Experience reviewing work in REVIT; Trane Trace or IES VE Energy Modeling software a plus
- Familiar with the design process of building systems for mission critical projects or healthcare / hospital required
- Effective Communicator – emails, phone and face to face.
- Ability to work independently
- Proficiency in MS Office products, including Word, Excel, Outlook and MS Project
- Previous experience in the Military / Military Veterans a huge plus! Experience with Electrical / Mechanical: Navy nukes - EMN, ETN, MMNs, SeaBees, Army - Power Generation, Air Force – Power Production, Generator Techs, Maritime, Coast Guard, Army National Guard, etc.
Please send resumes to email@example.com ( resume at pkaza dot com ) with 15895094 in the subject. After applying, if you have further questions, you may call 973-895-5200 and ask for Iggy. You can also submit via our career portal and take a look at other Critical Facility openings we are working on at https://www.pkaza.com/jobs/
If you are in Data Center Facilities but this opportunity is not what you are looking for, let’s still talk. New openings are coming in weekly and others we are not allowed to post. We also not only keep leads confidential but pay for referrals as well.
Company offers competitive salaries and benefits package including medical insurance, a 401(k) plan.
EOE/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Pkaza, LLC is a third-party employment firm. All fees assessed by Pkaza will be paid by our employer that we represent and not by the candidate.