This opportunity is with a leading general contractor of data center construction services. This company provides a complete life cycle of solutions that are custom-fit to the requirements of their client's mission-critical facilities. This opportunity provides a career-growth minded role with exciting projects with leading-edge technology and innovation as well as competitive salaries and benefits. They build mission-critical facilities for data center facilities nationwide for Enterprise, Colocation and Hyperscale Companies.
Data Center Construction Superintendent – Ashburn, VA
This position is also available in: San Antonio TX, Houston TX, Dallas TX, Omaha NE, Des Moines IA, Atlanta GA, Pittsburgh PA, Phoenix AZ, Chicago IL, Dekalb IL, Boydton VA, Charlotte NC, San Jose CA, and Quincy WA (anywhere a data center is being built! / Direct with Owner's and with GCs)
Responsible for field activities associated with the project, including supervision of all field construction work by electrical, mechanical, and controls subcontractors / trades and self-performed work. Keep in constant contact with Subcontractors to ensure timely work to keep project on time / within budget. Ensures equipment purchased is in onsite at the project when needed. Shares responsibility with the construction project manager for developing and keeping to the project budget, actively participating in the preconstruction phase, and ensuring that the project is built on time, within budget, and according to company policies and procedures. Manages and mentors assistant Supers and Coordinators and other field personnel. Maintains a relentless focus on meeting and exceeding customer needs and expectations through the life of the project.
- Maintain liaison with primary client, A/E firm, Owner's Rep firm, Construction Project Manager, subcontractors and any other vendors needed to facilitate construction activities at the data center job site
- Establishes and manages the critical work environment project objectives, performance standards, planning and Methods of Procedure and be within boundaries of corporate policies to ensure minimization of human error factors which could cause down time during work processes
- Provides leadership of all field related MEP mission critical work activities and coordinates with Construction Project Manager and Subcontractors for proper execution
- Keeps all relative parties informed of project’s progress throughout the life of the project
- Detailed understanding of all MEP systems to include size up, costs, scheduling timeline, quality control focus points, system start-up, commissioning, troubleshooting, etc.
- Manage vendors to ensure that the equipment gets properly installed and commissioned. Electrical Systems, Mechanical Systems, and Control Systems installation, integration, and get them energized.
- Ensures that project site and company assets are secure and maintains a safe and respectful working environment at all times by implementing programs for safety / OSHA, Equal Employment Opportunity / EEO, risk management, training, and quality control
- Confirms that extra charges from subcontractors/suppliers are reasonable and work is correctly executed. Coordinates with project manager for approval on extra charges
- Facilitates weekly project progress and safety meetings with all subcontractor representatives and coordinates the upcoming week’s work to be accomplished. Attends all progress meetings with the owner’s rep / data center construction Project manager
- Ensures that the project closeout process is finalized, demobilize all resources, and transition the project to the client
- 8+ years of data center / critical facilities MEP construction experience. (project size, scope, and complexity the years of experience will also be a large factor)
- Experience working for a General Contractor or Trade
- Detailed understanding of Mechanical and Electrical systems to include integrated testing, MOPs/ SOPs of installation, functionality and troubleshooting; etc.
- Experience in directing and/or supporting the commissioning effort
- Willingness to travel extensively a plus but not necessary since most work is in Ashburn VA Area which is the epicenter of the Data Center Industry
- Demonstrates solid presentation, verbal, written and communication skills
- Demonstrates proficiency using a personal computer (PC) and company communication tools, such as email, internet, and Microsoft products (e.g., Word, Excel, Office, Outlook, PowerPoint, MS Project, Timberline, etc.)
- Previous administrative experience managing change orders, billing, creating reports, etc.
- Previous experience in the Military / Military Veterans a huge plus! Experience with Electrical / Mechanical: Navy nukes - EMN, ETN, MMNs, SeaBees, Army - Power Generation, Air Force – Power Production, Generator Techs, Maritime, Coast Guard, Army National Guard, etc.
Qualified candidates can send their resume to email@example.com ( resume at pkaza dot com ) with 16095281 in the subject. After applying, if you have further questions, you may call 973-895-5200 and ask for Iggy. You can also submit via our career portal and also see all of our critical facility openings at: https://www.pkaza.com/jobs/
If this job is not for you, feel free to forward this along. WE PAY FOR REFERRALS!!
Company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, medical insurance and a 401(k) plan
Pkaza LLC is a third party employment firm. All fees assessed by Pkaza will be paid by our employer that we represent and not by the candidate.