Our client is a Engineering Design and Commissioning Company that is a leader in the data center space. This role will be onsite at a the Customer's Data Center. They provide design, commissioning consulting and management expertise in Data Center / Mission Critical Facilities Space with the mindset to provide reliability, energy efficiency, sustainable design and LEED expertise when providing these consulting services for Enterprise, Colocation, and Hyperscale Data Center Projects. This career-growth minded opportunity offers exciting projects with leading-edge technology and innovation as well as competitive salaries and benefits
Electrical Engineer - Onsite Data Center Engineer Bridgewater, NJ
Also available in Edison NJ, New Brunswick NJ, Brooklyn NY and Denver CO
This challenging and unique role will involve managing the design of critical power systems for new data centers and expansions to existing data centers. The ideal candidate will have past experience designing electrical systems specifically for large data centers. They will have experience and in-depth knowledge of Electrical Power Distribution System design and installation. Previous experience with electrical equipment design to include Generators, UPS systems and electrical switchgear is a must. You will help support the design team and working / communicating with all the trades and stakeholders involved in all projects. Working and communicating with internal team and clients effectively is a must.
- Manage projects, create designs and plans, provided and gather specifications, and execute assignments in a multidisciplinary electrical engineering design role for small to medium sized data center facility design projects.
- Create Conceptual Designs gathered from meetings with the client for Field Engineer focus
- Support Data Center Operations with any design upgrades at the site
- Work with Management to respond to RFPs
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of company policies Put these in clear concise work statement for the field
- Represent the company in project meetings as needed
- 5-15 years experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar engineering degree
- Licensed PE / EIT a Plus
- Experience with Light AutoCAD for minor tweaks for any design plans a MUST
- Previous experience using: Revit MEP projects, BIM a plus
- Experience with Electrical Power Systems such as UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply), Generators, Switchgears, and Batteries a MUST
- Previous Data Center / Mission Critical experience a must
- Electrical equipment testing experience in a Critical Facilities / facility environment
- Ability to successfully work independently
- Self Starter, self motivated, and should prioritize well
- Previous experience in the Military / Military Veterans a huge plus! Experience with Electrical / Mechanical: Navy nukes - EMN, ETN, MMNs, SeaBees, Army - Power Generation, Air Force – Power Production, Generator Techs, Maritime, Coast Guard, Army National Guard, etc.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal (this role requires heavy amount of writing, documentation, and client interaction)
Please send resumes to email@example.com ( resume at pkaza dot com ) with 16097402 in the subject. After applying, if you have further questions, you may call 973-895-5200 and ask for Iggy. You can also submit via our career portal and take a look at other Critical Facility openings we are working on at, https://www.pkaza.com/jobs/
If you are in Data Center Facilities but this opportunity is not what you are looking for let’s still talk. New openings are coming in weekly and others we are not allowed to post. We also not only keep leads confidential but pay for referrals as well.
Company offers competitive salaries and benefits package including medical insurance, a 401(k) plan.
EOE/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Pkaza LLC is a third party employment firm. All fees assessed by Pkaza will be paid by our employer that we represent and not by the candidate.