Our client is a Engineering Design and Commissioning Company that has a national footprint and specializes in MEP critical facilities design. They provide design, commissioning, consulting and management expertise in the Critical Facilities Space. They have a mindset to provide reliability, energy efficiency, sustainable design and LEED expertise when providing these consulting services for Enterprise, Colocation and Hyperscale Companies. This career-growth minded opportunity offers exciting projects with leading-edge technology and innovation as well as competitive salaries and benefits.
Structured Cable Design Engineer - Data Center - Boston, MA
This candidate will support the design and engineering of low voltage / structured cabling / telecom projects. Will Lead Technology design projects with the A/E project team while interacting with the customer to gather requirements for design specifications for integration of technology systems based on client's needs.
- Plan and organize data center cable design projects
- Design layout of systems, create drawings, Revit Schedules, create wiring plans for installation
- Create and manage Critical Facilities Design / Construction Project plans – size up, costs, scheduling, resources, timeline
- Assess requirements for all aspects of the technology and security systems
- Maintain liaison with primary client, Owner's Rep firm, and any other vendors to facilitate design / construction activities
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of corporate policies
- Put these in clear concise work statement for the field
- Relevant experience in the Data Center Industry
- Engineering Degree a plus
- RCDD a Huge Plus
- 4 to 8+ years of experience in telecom design
- Background with Revit design a Must
- Background in AutoCAD design, build and operations of data centers a huge plus
- Must be familiar with the design process of building systems for data center and mission critical projects
- Experience creating RFPs and RFIs a plus
- Background in Space Planning – cabinets, racks, power strips, connectivity, structured cabling, telecom network deployment
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize
- Personable / ability to build rapport with both internal and external customers
- Client facing /Client relationship / Client Management skills
- Belong to local professional organizations – 7x24, AFCOM, Uptime, DataCenterDynamics, Bisnow a plus
Qualified candidates can send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org ( resume at pkaza dot com ) with 16275385 in the subject. After applying, if you have further questions, you may call 973-895-5200 and ask for Iggy. You can also submit via our career portal and also see all of our critical facility openings at: https://www.pkaza.com/jobs/
If this job is not for you, feel free to forward this along. WE PAY FOR REFERRALS!!
Company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, medical insurance and a 401(k) plan
EOE/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Pkaza LLC is a third party employment firm. All fees assessed by Pkaza will be paid by our employer that we represent and not by the candidate.