Our client is a Engineering Design and Commissioning Company that has a national footprint and specializes in MEP Critical Facilities Design. They provide design, commissioning, consulting and management expertise in the Critical Facilities Space. They have a mindset to provide reliability, energy efficiency, sustainable design and LEED expertise when providing these consulting services for Enterprise, Colocation and Hyperscale Companies. This career-growth minded opportunity offers exciting projects with leading-edge technology and innovation as well as competitive salaries and benefits.
Mechanical Commissioning Engineer – Dallas, TX
This position is also available in: Boydton VA, Richmond VA, Atlanta GA, Nashville TN, Orlando FL, Courtland IL, Des Moines IA, Kansas City MO, San Diego CA, San Jose CA, Chicago IL, Boise ID, Phoenix AZ, Omaha NE, DeKalb IL, San Antonio TX, Portland OR, Reno NV, Boardman OR, Toronto ON, or any major city in Canada!
Execute onsite commissioning plans, provide and gather specifications, and execute assignments in a multidisciplinary engineering Commissioning role for large facility projects. The commissioning experts adhere to a thorough quality management - QM /QA / QC process and procedures that validate and document our client’s systems. Commissioning methodology covers a wide range of procedures to verify the integrity and performance of their customer’s mission critical support infrastructure.
- Equipment pre-start-up and start-up procedures; Development of standard operating procedures (SOP's) and Methods of Procedures (MOPs); Comprehensive Commissioning documentation
- Be able to conduct level 1-5 commissioning
- Prepare commissioning test procedures and reports; Develop and maintain commissioning logs, equipment checklist, and other tools to track commissioning projects
- Write comprehensive reports which include the following sections: recommendations for optimizing building operations, functional checklists, list of deficiencies, equipment operation and maintenance manuals
- Review design criteria, specifications, drawings, equipment submittals, and other documentation pertinent to commissioning
- Develop and administer functional tests for various building MEP systems, such as: fire alarm and control systems, HVAC, Chillers and CRAC units
- Integrated system testing; Load Bank Testing; Compilation of all testing procedure results
- Commission plan preparation ; Follow company QC process and procedures
- Help lead and manage any external resources; Schedule and direct periodic commissioning meetings; Attend construction and coordination meetings if required for the project
- Interface with clients, contractors, equipment vendors and owners agents as needed; Execute project assignments; Interface with project contractors, vendors, and testing technicians; Interact with all facets of the company: engineering, design, etc.
- Verify results of test reports; Assist with field troubleshooting of commissioned equipment as needed; Field experience in the operation and application of Power Quality Analyzers, Power Disturbance Analyzers, Data loggers, and related system testing equipment
- 4-7 years experience in the Mechanical / HVAC Field
- P.E or EIT a plus
- LEED Accreditation a huge plus
- BA /BS as a Mechanical Engineer a plus
- Experience commissioning enterprise data centers, colos, and hyperscale companies
- A/E experience working in complex facilities or mission critical projects a big plus
- Previous Data Center / Mission Critical experience a must
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal (this role requires heavy amount of writing, documentation, and client interaction)
- Willingness to travel
- Mechanical equipment testing experience in a Critical Facilities / Data Center Facility environment
- Experience with ASHRAE / ASHRAE T.C. 9.9 procedures and protocols a plus
- Possess basic knowledge of systems design for various projects
- Previous experience in the Military / Military veterans in all branches that have experience with Electrical / Mechanical is a huge plus (Navy nukes- EMN, ETN, MMNs, SeaBees, Army - Power Generation, Air Force – Power Production, Generator Techs, Maritime, Coast Guard, Army National Guard, etc.)
- Experience with Level 1-5 Commissioning
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Microsoft Project
Please send your resume to email@example.com ( resume at pkaza dot com) with 16278215 in the subject. After applying, if you have further questions, you may call 973-895-5200 and ask for Iggy. You can also submit via our career portal and take a look at other Critical Facility openings we are working on at: https://www.pkaza.com/jobs/
If you are in Data Center Facilities but this opportunity is not what you are looking for let’s still talk. New openings are coming in weekly and others we are not allowed to post.
We also not only keep leads confidential but pay for referrals as well.
Company offers competitive salaries and benefits package including medical insurance and a 401(k) plan.
EOE/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Pkaza, LLC is a third party employment firm. All fees assessed by Pkaza will be paid by our employer that we represent and not by the candidate.