Our client is a Leader in Critical Facilities Assessment and Commissioning Services in the in the U.S. They provide commissioning, consulting and management expertise in Data Center / Mission Critical Facilities Space with the mindset to provide reliability, energy efficiency, and sustainability when providing these consulting services. This career-growth minded opportunity offers exciting projects with leading-edge technology and innovation as well as competitive salaries and benefits.
Electrical QA / QC Engineer - Portland, OR
We are looking for an experienced Data Center QA/QC Engineer to support a critical facility data center. The QA/QC Engineer will be responsible for managing the overall quality and service of the operation and maintenance of multiple critical facility infrastructure systems in accordance with company's policies and procedures. These Data Centers are a 7x24x365 a year operation. Responsibilities include the delivery of quality and consistent services and support as established by the Corporation while satisfying unique site requirements, managing issue resolution and ensuring proper performance reporting of key metrics for the region, establishing goals and objectives for the region based on strategic and business plans of the corporation. The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in creating and implementing multi-facility, standards based Operations & Maintenance programs. Must have experience analyzing processes, creating process documentation, developing operational procedures and communicating effectively with both business and operations managers. The Subject Matter expert supports the development and implementation of Mission Critical O&M initiatives, based on company’s best practices.
- Performing periodic site walk-throughs in order to ensure Company’s procedures (SOPS and MOPS) and standards are followed. This includes assisting the Facilities Manager, Technicians and any other contracted vendors
- Communicating the status of the operation process with senior management
- Site acceptance and commissioning of the facility to ensure the site meets the superior and dynamic standards of Company Standards
- Assisting in the development of procedures/Method of Procedures (MOPs) for the DC build in addition to approving MOPs for data hall work
- Oversight, Verification and Auditing of Scripts
- Have experience with both routine and emergency service on a variety of state of the art critical systems and expertise with medium voltage switchgear, diesel generators, UPS systems, power distribution equipment. Also be familiar with mechanical equipment: chillers, cooling towers, computer room air handlers, fire detection / suppression; building monitoring systems; etc.
- Supervise the on-site management the facility manager, facility technicians, sub-contractors and vendors, ensuring that all work is performed according to established practices and procedures
- Manage the establishment of performance benchmarks, conduct analyses and prepare reports on all aspects of the critical facility operations and maintenance
- Work with business leaders to coordinate projects, manage capacity and optimize plant safety, performance, reliability and efficiency
- Review MOPs and SOPs for all work on critical data center facility equipment
- Ensure that a constant state of readiness in support of the mission goal of 99.999% uptime
- Conduct critical facilities Operations and Maintenance (O&M) program analysis and reporting
- Design Critical Environment Programs for both internal and external clients
- Coordinate with Design/Construction Team
- Provide consulting services on existing critical environment O&M programs
- Assess, recommend and implement industry best practices into new and existing Critical Environment Programs.
- Provide feedback to senior management for the continuous improvement of the Critical Environments program
- Develop process documentation and training materials
- 10+ years of data center facility operations and maintenance experience.
- Data Center Commissioning Experience
- 5 years of experience in data center facility operations. Solid Understanding of Critical Electrical and Mechanical / HVAC equipment in a data center environment
- Data Center Capital Project experience a plus Navy Nuke Experience - Navy Nuke Trained / Naval Nuclear Training
- EMN - Electricians Mate (Nuclear Trained)
- ETN - Electrical Technician (Nuclear Trained)
- MMN - Machinist Mate (Nuclear Trained)
- Strong verbal and written communications skills; Good presentation skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering a plus
- Superior analytical, planning and problem resolution skills
- Highly organized with proved project management abilities
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills; proficient in Microsoft Office
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org ( resume at pkaza dot com ) with 16282238 in the subject. After applying, if you have further questions, you may call 973-895-5200 and ask for Iggy. You can also submit via our career portal and take a look at other Critical Facility openings we are working on at, https://www.pkaza.com/jobs/
If you are in Data Center Facilities but this opportunity is not what you are looking for let’s still talk. New openings are coming in weekly and others we are not allowed to post. We also not only keep leads confidential but pay for referrals as well.
Company offers competitive salaries and benefits package including medical insurance and a 401(k) plan.
EOE/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Pkaza, LLC is a third party employment firm. All fees assessed by Pkaza will be paid by our employer that we represent and not by the candidate.