Our client is an established OEM leader in verticals outside the Mission Critical Industry and they are presently establishing their foothold into the Critical Facilities Space. They provide OEM Air Quality Improvement Products that help clean and filter the air flow for the Data Center / Mission Critical Facilities Space with the mindset to provide reliability, energy efficiency, and sustainability. These products are targeted for the Enterprise, Colocation, and Hyperscale Companies in the data center industry. This career-growth minded opportunity offers exciting projects with leading-edge technology and innovation as well as competitive salaries and benefits.
National Sales Rep - OEM Air / HVAC - Data Centers
Our client is looking for a national sales rep that can leverage their contacts to expand a new market segment for this established OEM company within the critical facility market in the US. The ideal candidate will have knowledge or previous experience selling HVAC / Air Chillers / Air Filtration Products at a National Level and possess an established rolodex of contacts in the Mission Critical Data Center / Critical Facilities Marketplace. They will pursue sales opportunities that are product based. The primary candidate function will be calling on / prospecting new clients and accounts among high-potential Critical Facility end-users – Colo, Hyperscale and Enterprise Customers. Since it’s a new product, there have pilot programs available to potential new clients as they work on establishing a market share for this exciting new product.
- Develop new business in the Mission Critical Data Center space – Enterprise Clients, Colocation Customers, and Hyperscale Companies in addition to commercial real estate, REITs, Managed Service FM Firms and OEMS
- Successfully handle all aspects of sales account management including, but not limited to, cold calls, pitching the company’s value proposition, revenue development and forecasting, to closing the deal.
- Will also be involved with ensuring daily communication, project management, project resourcing, FPLC, and establish pilot programs where and when needed, etc.
- Establish positive relationships with new and existing partners such as GC’s, Engineers, HVAC Contractors, etc.; with hopes to generate new business
- Work with Product Development and Marketing to help support the rollout of new product offerings, new processes and/or new opportunities for the company
- Travel / Attend and arrange booth space at trade shows and conferences to market the company’s OEM Products at shows like Bisnow, AFCOM, DataCenterWorld, DataCenterDynamics / DCD, 7x24 local and national conferences, etc.
- Candidate will also be responsible for preparing proposals, presentations, and briefings along with tracking sales pipelines to closing the deal.
- Bachelor’s degree in HVAC or Mechanical Engineering or other technically related degree in the industry - a huge Plus
- 5-10 years of relevant sales experience in the data center / critical facilities industry
- Proven track record of consultative product sales in data center sales are a must
- Business Contacts – Data Center Facilities Executives: - C level when appropriate, VP IT, Director of Facilities, Facilities Managers, etc.
- Experience in HVAC / Mechanical / Air Handling that focus in commissioning, construction, contracting or operations / maintenance of data centers
- Member of local professional chapters (AFCOM, ASHRAE, IEEE, 7x24 Exchange, Uptime Institute, Bisnow, DataCenterDynamics, Imasons etc.)
- Must be a team player and be able to build long-term cooperative partner relationships with internal and external individuals who are part of the business development process
- Effective Communicator-emails, phone, meetings, etc.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office applications, especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Teams
- Ability to travel up to 30- 50% of the time
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize
- Previous experience in the Military / Military veterans in all branches that have experience with Electrical / Mechanical is a huge plus (Navy Nukes- EMN, ETN, MMNs, Seabees, Army - Power Generation, Air Force – Power Production, Generator Techs, Maritime, Coast Guard, etc.)
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org ( resume at pkaza dot com ) with 16300614 in the subject. After applying, if you have further questions, you may call 973-895-5200 and ask for Iggy. You can also submit via our career portal and take a look at other Critical Facility openings we are working on at, https://www.pkaza.com/jobs/
If you are in Data Center Facilities but this opportunity is not what you are looking for let’s still talk. New openings are coming in weekly and others we are not allowed to post.
We also not only keep leads confidential but pay for referrals as well.
Company offers competitive salaries and benefits package including medical insurance, a 401(k) plan.
EOE/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Pkaza, LLC is a third party employment firm. All fees assessed by Pkaza will be paid by our employer that we represent and not by the candidate