This opportunity is with a leading general contractor of data center construction services. This company provides a complete life cycle of solutions that are custom-fit to the requirements of their client's mission-critical facilities. They build mission-critical facilities for data center facilities nationwide for Enterprise, Colocation and Hyperscale Companies. This opportunity provides a career-growth minded role with exciting projects with leading-edge technology and innovation as well as competitive salaries and benefits
MEP Coordinator - Critical Facility Construction - Dallas TX
This position is also available in: San Antonio TX, Houston TX, Austin TX, Omaha NE, San Jose CA, Reno NV, Boardman OR, Portland OR, Phoenix AZ, and Ashburn VA
MEP Coordinator will be responsible for field activities associated with the project, including supervision of all field construction work by electrical and mechanical subcontractors and self-performed work. Keep in constant contact with Subcontractors to ensure timely work to keep project on time. Ensure equipment purchased is in onsite at the project when needed. Manages and mentors assistant project managers and other field personnel. Maintains a relentless focus on meeting and exceeding customer needs and expectations through the life of the project.
- Maintain liaison with primary client, A/E firm, Owner's Rep firm, Construction Project Manager, subcontractors and any other vendors needed to facilitate construction activities at the data center job site
- Establishes and manages the critical work environment project objectives, performance standards, planning and Methods of Procedure and be within boundaries of corporate policies to ensure minimization of human error factors which could cause down time during work processes
- Provides leadership of all field related MEP mission critical work activities and coordinates with Construction Project Manager and Subcontractors for proper execution.
- Keeps all relative parties informed of project’s progress throughout the life of the project
- Detailed understanding of all MEP systems to include size up, costs, scheduling timeline, quality control focus points, system start-up, commissioning, troubleshooting, etc.
- Manage Integration and installation of MEP systems and MEP controls to ensure that all MEP equipment are going to run properly
- Ensures that project site and company assets are secure and maintains a safe and respectful working environment at all times by implementing programs for safety / OSHA, Equal Employment Opportunity / EEO, risk management, training, and quality control
- Confirms that extra charges from subcontractors/suppliers are reasonable and work is correctly executed. Coordinates with project manager for approval on extra charges.
- Facilitates weekly project progress and safety meetings with all subcontractor representatives and coordinates the upcoming week’s work to be accomplished. Attends all progress meetings with the owner’s rep / data center construction Project manager
- Ensures that the project closeout process is finalized, demobilize all resources, and transition the project to the client.
- 5+ years of commercial / critical facilities MEP Construction experience. (project size, scope, and complexity the years of experience will also be a large factor)
- Integrated Project Delivery (IPD) experience a HUGE plus!!
- Detailed understanding of Mechanical and Electrical systems to include integrated testing, MOPs / SOPs of installation, functionality and troubleshooting; etc.
- Experience in directing and/or supporting the commissioning effort
- Demonstrates solid presentation, verbal, written and communication skills.
- Demonstrates proficiency using a personal computer (PC) and company communication tools, such as email, internet, and Microsoft products (e.g., Word, Excel, Office, Outlook, PowerPoint, MS Project, Timberline, etc.).
- Previous administrative experience managing change orders, billing, creating reports, OFCI tracking etc
- Construction / Engineering / Architectural Degree a plus
- Previous experience in the Military / Military veterans in all branches that have experience with Electrical / Mechanical is a huge plus (Navy nukes- EMN, ETN, MMNs, SeaBees, Army - Power Generation, Air Force – Power Production, Generator Techs, Maritime, Coast Guard, etc.)
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org (resume at pkaza dot com) with 16322728 in the subject. After applying, if you have further questions, you may call 973-895-5200 and ask for Iggy. You can also submit via our career portal and take a look at other Critical Facility openings we are working on at, https://www.pkaza.com/jobs/
If you are in Data Center Facilities but this opportunity is not what you are looking for let’s still talk. New openings are coming in weekly and others we are not allowed to post. We also not only keep leads confidential but pay for referrals as well.
Company offers competitive salaries and benefits package including medical insurance, a 401(k) plan.
EOE/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Pkaza, LLC is a third party employment firm. All fees assessed by Pkaza will be paid by our employer that we represent and not by the candidate.