This opportunity is with a leading global provider of mission-critical data center solutions. This company provides turnkey data center solutions custom-fit to the requirements of their client's ever-changing mission-critical facility’s operational needs. They accomplish this by providing reliability of mission-critical facilities for many of the world's largest organizations (Hyperscale and Enterprise Customers). This opportunity provides a career-growth minded role with exciting projects with leading-edge technology and innovation as well as competitive salaries and benefits.
HVAC Field Service Technician - Ashburn, VA
This position is also available in: Chicago IL, Elk Grove IL, Boydton VA, Richmond VA, Baltimore MD, or Milwaukee WI.
Responsible for commissioning, maintaining and providing emergency support on critical cooling units including but not limited to chillers, cooling towers, CRAC and CRAH units, air handler units, and other HVAC equipment at customers’ sites within their respective regional coverage area
- A fully competent HVAC Field Technician - Applies an intensive and diversified knowledge of complete HVAC start-up, testing and operations.
- Performs commissioning focused design reviews, prepares commissioning test procedures and reports, coordinates and oversees on-site testing
- When not in field involved in preventive maintenance, emergency response, equipment start-up and/or field modification, candidate will occasionally train at the company’s headquarters testing equipment or rebuilding older systems
- Discuss with technical support problems related to maintenance or operation of equipment
- Candidate will participate in the development of Methods of Procedures (MOPs)
- Consults with supervisor concerning unusual problems and developments
- Candidate will be home based
- Preferably 3-5+ years’ experience in this field and ability to troubleshoot down to component level on equipment such as chillers, cooling towers, and CRAC units
- Journeyman or Master HVAC License a HUGE plus
- Utilizes hand tools and test equipment to perform work
- Requires excellent verbal, written communication skills & customer relation skills
- Must be able to provide high level of quality customer service
- Must be able to complete Field Service Reports within a timely manner
- Requires knowledge of equipment manufacturer’s specifications
- Ability to work independently and resourceful with good initiatives
- Must be able to perform repeated bending & lifting of up to 100lbs during certain procedures
- Must be able to provide necessary pro-active recommendations to clients
- Candidate must be willing to work nights & weekends when necessary
- Knowledge of general computer hardware & software applications
- Previous 3rd Party HVAC experience a plus
- HVAC OEM factory training or experience in Trane, Liebert, Stultz, and other major HVAC brands a MUST
- Experience with Liebert DX units a HUGE plus
- CFC / EPA Universal Certification a HUGE plus
- Ability to obtain a Government Clearance a HUGE plus
- Technical degree a plus
- Previous military experience and training a plus
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org (resume at pkaza dot com) with 16322765 in the subject. After applying, if you have further questions, you may call 973-895-5200 and ask for Iggy. You can also submit via our career portal and take a look at other Critical Facility openings we are working on at: https://www.pkaza.com/jobs/
If you are in Data Center Facilities but this opportunity is not what you are looking for let’s still talk. New openings are coming in weekly and others we are not allowed to post.
We also not only keep leads confidential but pay for referrals as well.
Company offers competitive salaries and benefits package including medical insurance and a 401(k) plan.
EOE/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Pkaza, LLC is a third-party employment firm. All fees assessed by Pkaza will be paid by the employer that we represent and not by the candidate.