This opportunity is with a leading mission-critical data center developer / wholesaler / colo provider. This firm provides data center solutions custom-fit to the requirements of their client's mission-critical operational facilities. They provide reliability of mission-critical facilities for many of the world's largest organizations.
Lead Data Center Facility Engineer - Sunnyvale CA (3rd Shift)
We are looking for an experienced Data Center Lead Engineer to support a critical data center. The Engineer will be responsible for managing the operation and maintenance of the critical facility physical infrastructure systems in accordance with company's policies and procedures. The Data Center is a 7x24x365 a year operation. The Lead Engineer will be managing Mechanical and Electrical Technicians.
- Operate and Manage both routine and emergency service on a variety of state of the art critical systems such as: medium voltage switchgear, diesel generators, UPS systems, power distribution equipment, chillers, cooling towers, computer room air handlers, fire detection / suppression; building monitoring systems; etc
- Supervise the on-site management of sub-contractors and vendors, ensuring that all work is performed according to established practices and procedures.
- Manage local client relationship and act as the point of contact for the company at this site.
- Establish performance benchmarks, conduct analyses and prepare reports on all aspects of the critical facility operations and maintenance.
- Work with IT managers and other business leaders to coordinate projects, manage capacity and optimize plant safety, performance, reliability and efficiency.
- Create, utilize and administer MOPs and SOPs for all work on critical facilities / data center facility equipment.
- Schedule work activities, within specified change control / management protocol.
- Maintain a constant state of readiness in support of the mission goal of 99.999% uptime
- 10-15 years of data center / critical facility operations and maintenance experience.
- Solid Understanding of Critical Electrical and Mechanical / HVAC equipment ( UPS, Generators, Switchgears, PDU's, CRAC Units, Chillers, etc. )
- Experience supervising a technical staff
- Previous experience as a Client Manager
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
Qualified candidates can send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org ( resume at pkaza dot com ) with 11373269 in the subject. After applying, if you have further questions, you may call 973-895-5200 and ask for Iggy. You can also submit via our career portal and also see all of our critical facility openings at: https://jobs.pkaza.com
If this job is not for you, feel free to forward this along. WE PAY FOR REFERRALS!!
Company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, medical insurance, a 401(k) plan. EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V