This opportunity is with a leading mission-critical data center developer / wholesaler / colo provider. This firm provides data center solutions custom-fit to the requirements of their client's mission-critical operational facilities. They provide reliability of mission-critical facilities for many of the world's largest organizations.
Electrical Engineering Department Head - Critical Facilities - Ashburn, VA
- Manage and lead the electrical engineering and overall MEP design of facility and building systems for Data Centers
- Oversee all phases of project management / project delivery: design, quality control, staffing, budget management (P & L) while following Industry Best Practices.
- Possess in-depth knowledge of Client, which are incorporated into overall project execution.
- Interface with clients to define project requirements. Establishes project work plan and deadlines.
- Client Interface on projects; Manage client relationship / expectations with effective face to face, phone, and email communication .
- Ability to manage multiple projects; Champion design reports; Facilitate client meetings / presentations that meet the project's objectives.
- Track progress of projects against goals, objectives, timelines, and budgets.
- Generate reports, track project costs, financial forecasts as related to project status.
- Monitor expenses to ensure they fall within the prescribed budget.
- Manage project team by providing direction, monitoring effectiveness and providing leadership.
- Work closely with other functional areas of the organization, project contractors, internal / external team members, customers and suppliers.
- Understand / follow company policies and procedures.
- Follow company strategy for market penetration .
- Manage business development for new and future projects in the area.
- Ability to manage a team of engineers and technical staff.
- Hands on experience managing Data Centers / Critical Facilities Design Projects. Familiar with the design process of building systems for data center and mission critical projects required.
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering a MUST
- P.E. license a MUST
- Experience managing engineering projects in the engineering consulting industry, A/E, MEP arena.
- Minimum of 10+ years of Data Center / Mission Critical Facilities experience in the Consulting Engineering Industry.
- Client relationship / Client Management / Client Engagement / Business Development - creating RFPs
- Effective Communicator- emails, phone, meetings. Strong organizational, communication, and reporting skills.
- Computer savvy / Microsoft Project, Excel. Ability to create complex reports, forecast modeling.
Please send resumes to email@example.com ( resume at pkaza dot com ) with 11471471 in the subject. After applying, if you have further questions, you may call 973-895-5200 and ask for Iggy. You can also submit via our career portal and take a look at other Critical Facility openings we are working on at, https://jobs.pkaza.com
If you are in Data Center Facilities but this opportunity is not what you are looking for let’s still talk. New openings are coming in weekly and others we are not allowed to post. We also not only keep leads confidential but pay for referrals as well.
Company offers competitive salaries and benefits package including medical insurance, a 401(k) plan.
EOE/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Peter Kazella & Associates Inc / Pkaza is a third party employment firm. All fees assessed by Pkaza will be paid by our employer that we represent and not by the candidate.